Were to get a S/C kit?

shospeed

Registered
Just like title seas ......

Do I look for a kit for a 96-98 Cobra?
Would a S/C kit for a 99 cobra would fit?

Any web sites?

There are no kits that bolt directly up for Mark Vlll's. Did you decide what type of SC you wanted?

There are no kits that bolt directly up for Mark Vlll's. Did you decide what type of SC you wanted?

Well I would like what ever is cheaper!

My uncle has a m90 out of a T-bird, and also one out of a 03 cobra!
But what about a Vortech?

What would be better?

The bracket for a 99/01 cobra will fit. Sierra on here was using a kit from procharger (including their 3 core intercooler) with some modification. If you have your air suspension still though you won't be able to by pass your air compressor and will have to have a kit made.

Not sure how vortec kits work though

the supercharger out of the cobra would probibly be cheaper and you'd have much more low end power.

the centris with a stock motor feel stock until you get higher in RPMs (mine starts to kick in at around 3k), but you get better gas mileage with a centri

I do not know anything about superchargers, but if I was going to do it I would not go for cheap.

I get what you are saying...

The best thing to do is buy it in bits and pieces and do it aver a period of time...

But wich was to go?
Should I buy the S/C from my uncle?

No. If you do you will need cobra heads, upper and lower intake, throttle body etc. etc.

IMO Vortech is the better way to to as far as $ invested. You can get nice kits used for about $2k.

If you want to go new for a decnet kit plan to pay $5k+ just for parts.

You need to search around on some mustang sites as well as some others and you will find the answers you are looking for.

No. If you do you will need cobra heads, upper and lower intake, throttle body etc. etc.

IMO Vortech is the better way to to as far as $ invested. You can get nice kits used for about $2k.

If you want to go new for a decnet kit plan to pay $5k+ just for parts.

You need to search around on some mustang sites as well as some others and you will find the answers you are looking for.

Thanks ...

Thats some help.
I've seen people put 03 Cobra engine on the mark or a Lightnining engine on the mark But its too much $$$$ just to nget the same power that you would from a Vortech...

So when I'm serching should I look for something that would fit a 96 Cobra right?

There is more money and tweaks to be made to the car than just buying some used SC and slapping it on, trust me!!

I used the bracket from a 99-01 cobra. the rest of my kit had to be made because I still have the air ride system. I'm using 42lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump, 05 GT maf with a diablo extender. I also have an aftermarket fan and radiator because the stock stuck out to much.

This is what my curve looks like with a stock transmission, stock exhaust, and a stock motor (no underdrive pullies or anything) with 8psi on a procharger P-1SC

dyno.jpg

It cost me about 6k with the custom kit and tune. (just to give you an idea)

Last edited:
Back