Gen 2 Neon

DLF

Registered
Well, the neon hasn't worked since I bought the car. Physically, it looks fine, no water, black spots, and nothing rattling around inside. I've checked for both parking and brake light power at the connector, and everything is as it should be. No flash, hum, or anything else when either the lights or brake are on. :frown:

I've taken it off of the car, and I don't see any obvious wiring issues.

I've contacted Glitch to see if he's still selling ballasts, and I can't think of anything else to do. :confused:

Did I miss anything?

Chances are all you need is a Glitch Fix. Worked for me about 4 years ago and still working.

i have used rich's ballasts on many marks including both of my previous 2 gen 2's and just installed one of his last weekend on a car just like yours, a 98 toreador red lsc, once again worked like a charm, neon works perfect and customer was thrilled. best 90 bucks you'll spend on a mark!!!

Well, CRAP!

Well, CRAP!

Installed the Glitch inverter and nothing; nada; zip! :frown::mad::confused::mad-tilt::banghead:

Guess the bulb is bad.

If anyone comes across a pristine JB neon, please let me know.

Pristine JB neon is next to impossible to find. This paint code is very easily faded, especially when painted on aluminum trim.

I am still surprised that the element is bad.

Pristine JB neon is next to impossible to find. This paint code is very easily faded, especially when painted on aluminum trim.

I am still surprised that the element is bad.

I am too, but I don't know what else it could be....

I have a new open box black LSC one that I picked up as spare a few years ago, you can say it is Pristine. Also I was going to hook up a 12v xfer to it for a cool display light above my di-cast car collection case, but I only tested it never hooked it up to work full time.

However I am not sure I want to part with it, as I recall they were about $800 from the dealer and they have not been available for a long time. My arm would need to be twisted. ;)

I have a new open box black LSC one that I picked up as spare a few years ago, you can say it is Pristine. Also I was going to hook up a 12v xfer to it for a cool display light above my di-cast car collection case, but I only tested it never hooked it up to work full time.

However I am not sure I want to part with it, as I recall they were about $800 from the dealer and they have not been available for a long time. My arm would need to be twisted. ;)

Thanks, but twisting is no longer required :wink:

Got 'er done!

Got 'er done!

I was testing the neon using the parking lights as my foot wouldn't quite reach the brake pedal when I was working on the trunk.

Turns out the adjuster was soooo far out CCW, that it wasn't even letting the parking lights power the neon. :embarrassed:

Several turns CW, and it works.

Another satisfied Glitch customer.

:) :D :big-grin:

Proof

Proof

First time I've seen it work. Nice! :D

Attachments

• HPIM0734.JPG
    HPIM0734.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
Back