what are people doing for intake tubed on cobra intakes?

ryanharrington

Registered
ive got the scp maf kit with the big k and n cone, just discovered the c and l cobra tube isnt even close. cars essentially done aside from this. is it worth making a smooth intake tube or should i just use the mark8 tube, and will it even work?

Try the 03-04 cobra tube as it's a lot better fitting with 96-98 cobra intake in a mark viii engine bay. I was able to mate it to a stock airbox using 4" extension out of alu piping on one of the installs in the past.

Last edited:
that looks doable. i cant tell is the cruise cable hooked up? im kinda debating on which side im gonna put the cables on due to the tps wiring

Of course it is. The spring in the cruise cable acts as a return spring for the TB. You can do it half ass and run a new spring, and no CC. I like to keep everything looking somewhat neat when possible.
You have to run a new pigtail for the TPS, since the TB will be flipped over vs stock 2nd gen orientation. The cables run closer to the wiper motor.

ok i havent attempted the cable install yet but i kinda draped it over to see what i had to work with and it seemed like it wasnt gonna be long enough. but im on a second gen so i dunno if theres a difference. i might half ass hook the stock air tube up just to get it running and back in the garage, leaves are flying and acorns are falling on her while im workin on her

hey heres a thought, is the egr connector the same as the tps? i deleted the egr and could just cut that off and solder it to the tps lead if its the same

You don't have the original TPS connector ? You just need to extend the 3 leads.

The CC is in fact too short. You have to move the CC box a little bit. It's located in the driver's wheel well.

That air intake tube looks nice! Looks like all I need a 2003/4 Cobra tube, the aluminum extension tube, two hose clamps, and a saw to cut the Cobra tube into two pieces?

That air intake tube looks nice! Looks like all I need a 2003/4 Cobra tube, the aluminum extension tube, two hose clamps, and a saw to cut the Cobra tube into two pieces?

Sounds about right with the exception of cutting. You keep the oem tube intact, you add 3" of 4.00 tubing, and a small rubber piece (few deg of an angle) to mate that to the stock airbox if you're going to use one.

What do you mean the C&L intake tube is not even close? I have one on my Cobra intake manifold and it fits perfect? I did have to get rid of my 9 inch filter and get a small Spectre from Kragen but the air filter is not a restriction at our power levels...

Back