Possibly searching for a Mark soon...

izackary

Registered
So, to add to my current string of awful financial luck (haven't worked a steady job since I left Badsax's place for AZ in early October and states refuse to pay unemployment benefits), the Mazda was repossessed today, and sadly I am not expecting to be in a position to get it back within the next ten days.

SO...instead of whine and moan about my credit (or by now the lack thereof), I will be looking for another car once I am working again. Obviously, an LSC is up at the top of my wanted list, probably a 2nd gen. Since there is an extremely active classic car and show scene here, I would sway toward a cosmetically sound "cream puff" rather than a somewhat beat up hot-rodder. After a quick search on auto trader, I've spotted a silver-on-gray '97 with 107k miles for $4k as well as a low-mileage (76k) black-on-black '96, but for $7k, both LSCs. Neither car appears to have a moonroof; a possible deal-breaker, as I prefer to cruise with the windows open and the A/C off, even in the Arizona heat.

If I can't locate a suitable LSC, I may even resort to looking for an LT1 F-body, or if the job situation goes better than expected, possibly an LS2 GTO. (Please, no peanut gallery comments, as I'm allergic. ;) ) Any thoughts or leads?

Thanks, gang! :)

(Edit) PS: I think it's also worth mentioning that if I can pull off an LSC purchase, there had damn well better be a Vegas meet next year!! :D

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the tough job situation man, that just sucks.

But I do know where a sweet 97 lincoln is that has a blower, its for sale too!! ;) Actually I have a couple of deals in the works right now on that one.

Good luck on the car search!

Yea me too. I think one of the two guys right now might work out. One is a cash plus trade that is kind of interesting.

Oh Isaac, I hope things get better soon. And BTW, it's about time you got a Mark.

Oh Isaac, I hope things get better soon. And BTW, it's about time you got a Mark.
Haha, ya think? :p

Oh, and I just emailed the seller of one particular specimen. I will be coming into some gift cash soon, and hopefully may have a long-term job with a friend of ours laying carpet, at least for now.

Teaser: :D

Thanks, Bill! Here is the ad. I think you'll know what I'd want to change on it! (Actually a couple things for those who know me...) If the silly wing is drilled thru the trunklid, I will probably look for an LMS lip spoiler with which to replace it. Also I think the seller needs to come down, oh, about a grand! Oh, and the amp will be promptly swapped out for my Memphis sub amp, assuming those subs are any good. (At least it's wired, though.) Yous guyz's thoughts?

Are you going to keep the wheels backwards? :p

BTW, the Mark VIII moonroof comes with a wind deflector in stock form. ;)

i have a gorgeous 95 i'm trying to sell, i know its not a gen 2 but look at it for the heck of it, its a beautiful car, i dont want to sell it but i have to, its in the for sale section.

Are you going to keep the wheels backwards? :p

BTW, the Mark VIII moonroof comes with a wind deflector in stock form. ;)
Jay mentioned the wheels, too. :p That moonroof deflector needs to come off anyways. Granted, my '94 had an (awesome) aftermarket moonroof and didn't have a plastic deflector other than the internal flip-up, but that hunk of plastic can't stay on a white car.

I've noticed that the stock Gen 2 moonroof wind deflector causes terrible wind noise on the expressway. If you pull it down while driving, you can see how quiet it gets.

I think it also stops the "Coke bottle noise " at low speeds though. That's that low frequency rumble that you get with the windows up (like blowing across the top of a bottle).

I'm going to try to find a way to lower the deflector on the expressway.

Removing that aftermarket deflector might reveal damaged paint from the adhesive though.

I can sell you an equally clean rust free CE with 1/3 miles for about the same price. And no it has no wing either ;)

I can sell you an equally clean rust free CE with 1/3 miles for about the same price. And no it has no wing either ;)
Go on..... (I hope it has such a sweet Optimus amp! :D ) Hasn't got the MI rust, has it?

And Bill: I remember getting that noise with the windows up and roof open in my '94, but honestly, if the moon roof is open, the rest of the windows usually are as well.

Go on..... (I hope it has such a sweet Optimus amp! :D ) Hasn't got the MI rust, has it?

It's not a MI car, it's from the east though, either CT or NY. Due to low mileage it wasn't driven in winter or bad weather for that matter, so clearly there is zero rust. White/Gray 55k miles. Email me if you're interested. I am in France at the moment, but we can talk in English if you like. :D

Oh, and since when Optimus is a sweet amp ? Isn't that like a radioshack brand ? The car is 100 % stock, but doesn't have to be ;)

It's not a MI car, it's from the east though, either CT or NY. Due to low mileage it wasn't driven in winter or bad weather for that matter, so clearly there is zero rust. White/Gray 55k miles. Email me if you're interested. I am in France at the moment, but we can talk in English if you like. :D

Oh, and since when Optimus is a sweet amp ? Isn't that like a radioshack brand ? The car is 100 % stock, but doesn't have to be ;)
(Ahem...) [/audio sarcasm]

Does that help? ;) (I still have a Memphis class D sub amp that would be immediately swapped for that piece of scrap metal anyways.)

This guy's price is a bit high, not just for the car, but also for what I will be willing to spend in general. 55k is an awesome mileage, though! Can't deny that. What kind of shape is it in, cosmetically, electrically, and mechanically; inside and out? And what options have you got? Pics would be sweet if you can send or link any from there. Is it safe to assume the front plate holder is also attached? Arizona requires only the rear plate, you you'd better believe that any front holder will come off. Jay also suggested I do what I can to get the silver ingots off anyone selling a CE. ;)

Oh, and by the way, I would email you either if I had an address to use, or if you allowed emails to be sent from your LOD profile page... ;)

Last edited:
i have a gorgeous 95 i'm trying to sell, i know its not a gen 2 but look at it for the heck of it, its a beautiful car, i dont want to sell it but i have to, its in the for sale section.
And not to ignore your post; I had a Gen 1 and I love the Gen 1s. This time around, however, I want to get into a "Mk 2 Mark VIII". ;)

Good luck with your sale, man. Have you received any decent offers yet?

Back