The Blue Flame returns?

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Morgantown, WV - Intelligence reports leaked today support rumors of the return of the Blue Flame.

Intelligence officials are still trying to piece together transcripts of encrypted messages that indicate a second surgery was successfully completed after last reports of a failed operation earlier this spring. The details are still not known but reports of sightings of the elusive suspect on the streets were confirmed today with the intercept of satellite communications by the NSA. Speaking on conditions of anonymity, sources say the return of the Blue Flame was all but certain. "While we can't say for sure, it appears the car may return to the track before the end of the season."

It was also rumored spy photos were captured from the secret facility where the Blue Flame had went into hiding earlier this year. The photos were being analyzed for clues, not only for what procedures were performed on the car but also for the whereabouts of the clandestine hideout. The recovered photos were a huge development for those who have been stumped for months trying to find the explanation for the disappearance of car from track events this year. "It is only a matter of time now before we know the secret", sources claimed. FOIA documents were filed with authorities to disclose any documentation they may have, but no reply was immediately forthcoming.

The Blue Flame went into hiding this spring and was missing from the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle back in June and failed to show later at the 2009 Hot Rod Power Tour. Instead, the team's backup car, a '96 Mark VIII, stepped in for the tour. It was expected to be at the annual All-Ford event held in August at the Mason Dixon Dragway near Hagerstown, MD, but again, it was the backup standing in for the '93. The Blue Flame was also missed at the SuperCoupe Shootout in Indiana a week ago. Public records show the car is registered for the Super Southern Heavyweight Shootout in Georgia this November and is also scheduled for the SSoTN Fall Nationals in Maryland the week following the Atlanta event.

TEASE [teez] -verb
1. to irritate or provoke with persistent petty distractions, trifling raillery, or other annoyance, often in sport.

Pics JP, pics!

Attachments

• mini-IMG_0499.JPG
    mini-IMG_0499.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0500.JPG
    mini-IMG_0500.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0501.JPG
    mini-IMG_0501.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0502.JPG
    mini-IMG_0502.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
More spy shots confirming the story...

Attachments

• mini-IMG_0503.JPG
    mini-IMG_0503.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0504.JPG
    mini-IMG_0504.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0505.JPG
    mini-IMG_0505.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0506.JPG
    mini-IMG_0506.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
What's the date the Blue Flame expects to be in Hagerstown next?

Actually, I hope to go to Mason Dixon to get some track tuning done before we head to SSHS9 in November.

you have a lift at your house? Thats badass!

LOL! I wish!!!

Driller, I really like the gold color thang you got going on there ... !

I'm not sure but it must be the Castrol SynBlend oil I run that causes that?

Yay! S/he is still alive!

Oh, she's alive alright! Ready to scare the women and children - just in time for Halloween! :D

Attachments

• mini-IMG_0507.JPG
    mini-IMG_0507.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0508.JPG
    mini-IMG_0508.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG_0510.JPG
    mini-IMG_0510.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
Well it is good to see Blue Flame released from the "Skunk Works" and I share in the excitement of your future endeavors.

SkunkWorks, LOL, I like that. :)

What did you end up doing to the motor?

Man, I'd thought you'd never ask!? I thought maybe all anyone wanted was pics. :D

First off, the bottom end is still stock. I already have a quality intake (at least I think so), so I basically just added heads and cams for a complete H/C/I setup on the stock shortblock.

The heads were Stage 3 ported at Fox Lake and the entire valve train has been upgraded including oversized valves, hi-rev springs and custom made Bullet cams. New cam tensioners, later model cam gears, ARP head studs, new oil filter adaptor gasket, new oil pan and gasket, new oil pressure sending unit, new oil level sensor, 30# injectors, new motor mounts (again), powder-coated valve covers and I'm sure there are a lot of small things I'm forgetting. :D

This is Phase one. Phase two will be a forged bottom end with a high compression naturally aspirated setup. I'll be looking to get a 12:1 compression ratio or at least as high as it can be with pump gas. It is still up in the air to whether to stay with the stock displacement, stroke it, bore it or both bored and stroked. It will be a season or two before stage two begins. I still have a lot of homework to do. :)

Last edited:
Remember folks...things do not always appear to be what they seem.
they made more than 1 Nordic Blue 1993 Mark VIII.

decoys are often the best weapon out there.

JP...you're being beckoned to the security office of the Chief.
I warned you not to leak information about the decoy....errr....Blue Flame.

SkunkWorks, LOL, I like that. :)

Man, I'd thought you'd never ask!? I thought maybe all anyone wanted was pics. :D

First off, the bottom end is still stock. I already have a quality intake (at least I think so), so I basically just added heads and cams for a complete H/C/I setup on the stock shortblock.

The heads were Stage 3 ported at Fox Lake and the entire valve train has been upgraded including oversized valves, hi-rev springs and custom made Bullet cams. New cam tensioners, later model cam gears, ARP head studs, new oil filter adaptor gasket, new oil pan and gasket, new oil pressure sending unit, new oil level sensor, 30# injectors, new motor mounts (again), powder-coated valve covers and I'm sure there are a lot of small things I'm forgetting. :D

This is Phase one. Phase two will be a forged bottom end with a high compression naturally aspirated setup. I'll be looking to get a 12:1 compression ratio or at least as high as it can be with pump gas. It is still up in the air to whether to stay with the stock displacement, stroke it, bore it or both bored and stroked. It will be a season or two before stage two begins. I still have a lot of homework to do. :)

Sounds great, JP. Any dyno numbers yet? Are you planning any future power adders? You might need to go with c16 to run with that 12:1. :) lol Aric's shop smells like c16 most of the time I go there. I recommend buying it in the 55 gallon drum size after watching Ryan try to hunt some down the other day. Hard to find unless you live by a drag strip.

Back