The Blue Flame returns?

No dyno numbers yet. The first tuning will be done at the track. ;)

No power adders are in the works, but I wouldn't rule out nitrous in the future with the current build. Once Phase Two takes place, almost anything is possible from the SkunkWorks. LOL :D

nowadays if you want high octane, set it up to run E85. cheaper than race gas, 105 octane.

Why out there in "Big Wild" they can brew up anything they need, and it may even be drinkable as a bonus!!

Why out there in "Big Wild" they can brew up anything they need, and it may even be drinkable as a bonus!!

and that really is the most important bonus... :D

attachment.php

I think your pistons are dirty :D

:D -J

JP: Where was the SuperCoupe meet in Indiana? It's been so long since I was on here, I didn't see any posts about it :(

Doggone it, I could have come to see you!

Glad to hear The Blue Flame will be back in business soon :)

Ok, so I didn't actually miss you there. Whew!!

Next year will be better! The Blue Flame returns to the full circuit!

So what are the expectations of the blue flame? mid 12s?

Quite honestly, I'm not sure what to expect seeing how I kept the stock block for now. Very few people bother with ported heads and custom cams on these engines, let alone in the Mark VIII platform. Most that do go this route also go with a forged bottom end and forced induction (and of course the obligatory Cobra intake).

I'll be happy if I pickup a full half second in the quarter mile ET. That means mid 12s under ideal conditions and low 13s to high 12s otherwise. I would really like this present combo to be competitive in the 13 second bracket of True Street events. :D

I am sure I won't be up to the full potential of the car without quite a bit of track tuning and a dynotune though, so I don't expect maximum results right out of the gate. ;)

Most that do go this route also go with a forged bottom end and forced induction (and of course the obligatory Cobra intake).
QUOTE]

Actually, ive seen pictures of a first gen mark with a "stock" intake with a Vortech. Ill see if i can upload the pics tomorrow from my PSP. :D but I imagine that a cobra intake would be more efficient. Congrats on the new goodies though. Cant wait to see some numbers. Can you tell any difference on the street?

Most that do go this route also go with a forged bottom end and forced induction (and of course the obligatory Cobra intake).
QUOTE]

Actually, ive seen pictures of a first gen mark with a "stock" intake with a Vortech. Ill see if i can upload the pics tomorrow from my PSP. :D but I imagine that a cobra intake would be more efficient. Congrats on the new goodies though. Cant wait to see some numbers. Can you tell any difference on the street?

I've known a couple with stock intakes and a Vortech.

LOL, any difference on the street?

A BIG difference. :cool:

My bad i can be a little slow at time! :-D I cant wait to see some Videos of it goin down the track. Good luck and hope to hear what shes a doin soon!

Whoa...

Whoa...

More spy shots confirming the story...

Sweet, keep doing more pics. How cool is that? You got a lift in your garage? drools. Tell us more about the hardware in the spyshot from your informant.
Looking very good JP.... :cool:

Sweet, keep doing more pics. How cool is that? You got a lift in your garage? drools. Tell us more about the hardware in the spyshot from your informant.
Looking very good JP.... :cool:

Jeff, you gotta read the entire thread. Stock bottom end with ported heads and cams. ;)

Back