FS: Tixer's garage sale - 1972 Jeep Commando

tixer

Lincoln Evangelist
Staff member
Paid Member
I've been threatening to do this for years. Posting my Jeep on a Lincoln board, is an easy first step.. :D

For Sale: 1972 Jeep Commando - Very rusty - $1,300

84,703 miles
258 I-6 engine.
Manual transmission - 3 speed
Manual transfer case with low range.
Manual steering
Manual windows
Manual locks
AM radio
Fuel tank skid plate

Starts/runs/drives - Mechanicals are in good shape, mileage is accurate.
4-wheel drive works perfectly
Locking hubs work perfectly.
Clutch is stiff until vehicle warms up.
Steering has some play that I don't notice, but you probably will.
The roof can be removed, and I've done it. It's about 30 bolts around the perimeter. I no longer suggest this however, as the roof's presence adds much needed strength to the body.

My parents bought this new. It spent its formative years in the Rocky Mountains, and in the Pacific Northwest. In my own youth, it was a winter vehicle in Minnesota. I later inherited it, and drove it all over the place, in all seasons.

I've done quite a bit of maintenance and repair on it since I inherited it in 2000 or so, including but not limited to:
Head professionally remanufactured with hardened valve seats. (no need to run lead additive)
New fuel tank
New fuel pump
Exhaust manifold
Exhaust system
Wheels / tires
All brake lines
Carb rebuild

It is, effectively, stock. It's never been lifted, never beaten upon, never rock crawled. Light duty trail riding only.

Time, and salt, has taken a serious toll. It's well beyond what I feel is realistic for a restoration myself, and likely beyond what it would cost for me to pay someone to do it.
So, it's on to someone who can do more with it than I can.

I've offered this to some of you in the past. Those offers still stand. To anyone on the LOD forum, this price is indeed very negotiable. I like you people.

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

Back