replacing door/fix window trim?

Bangster

Registered
So an accident awhile ago left me with passenger side damage. I got insurance quotes, but no body shops would take on the work (can't find parts, don't know what parts we need, etc). So the insurance company wrote me a check and basically washed their hands of the whole thing.
It is the door, body right behind the door, and the quarter trim piece:

No one likes driving a car that looks like that around, but it has been tough finding a replacement part locally and easy to get (for reference I drove 150 miles to get header panel, bumper cover, bumper foam, headlights, and had to carry them back in the Mark VIII).

So the planets have sorta aligned, and there are 3 Mark VIIIs in the you pull it place (unheard of to even have more than one in a year). Even one the correct color (yah), but the passenger door is destroyed (boo). 60 bucks for the complete door with hinges. I can also pay someone that hangs around there 15 bucks to help me remove it, and I can beg/borrow a truck for a 5 minute drive to get it home.

However there is a 93 and a 98 with minimal issues with the doors (but still issues).

First is the 93. I feel that it would be a good candidate (will fit, just some mounting points are different I think from a Gen II), however the exterior trim around the window is jacked up, it is bent, full of dirt, and not straight at all. Can it be removed or fixed?

Second is a 98. It has one little BB sized dent, but the window frame is bent down. It also seems like the entire window frame is bent a little.

So which one would be easiest to get fixed on a budget? Obviously I was hoping the silver frost one would not be damaged, I don't know that anything could be done with the trim around the window on the 93, and would probably need someone who does body work fix the smushed frame.

I did my own work previously when it was the bumper cover (spray bombed!), and I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it, but would like to replace the door. It squeaks, the window binds a little and doesn't always work, it is ugly.

I do have some replacement LCS door and rear quarter trim already.

Back