Sierra3 is going down. Will not punch, trying to land it.

Sierra3

Registered
Just t boned another car with my baby. Just got done waxing it and was feeling good about the repairs i did on the boost pipes to make them all tight.
I kept blowing the upper intake hose to TB off at the track under 8lbs of boost.
Didnt even see him. Was a big truck on the right lane I was in left lane coming up to a traffic light , he made it accross the truck front, but not me, and wham. All i saw was the side section of a white 4 door sedan pull in front of me. Nope, brakes werent up to that panic stop and i plowed him.
It all boils down to hes alright and I am too, the car is just a car and only that. I just sat there saying no way as cars were flying by me afraid to open my door and get out. People are idiots, the light turned green and everyone got the heck out of dodge. Id at least stop and give my number if i saw an accident.
Just sucks that now i have to do this all over again after 2 years of waiting.
The whole front clip needs to be replaced including my clear new headlights and turn signals. (I hope Jamie has a loaded LSC kicking around down there for me for parts or whole).
Ahh well, what can you doo.... I at least had 2 months of fun with her tearing up the backroads and once at the track.
Ill post some pics tommorow. Going to bed early.

Last edited:
OMG! :eek:

I am glad to hear you are OK but the timing is just terrible! Did it damage any of the engine or mods? I imagine the intercooler is toast. :(

Yeah were both alright, was a slow speed accident thank God. It was just enough to screw things up and bend brackets, crack plastic, fenders and everything. Yeah, timing pretty much sucks, but well keep pushing forward. No engine damage crosses fingers, wasnt leaking when i drove it home, and didnt get close to the belts at all. Well see today after i come home from work. (I just put that new AC condenser on too and had it recharged) grrr

If they total it fine, Well start over, if not it can be repaired. That i know for sure. Just have to go out and collect estimates. What does not kill us, makes us stronger.

I'm glad your ok... :D

Sorry about your MK :(

Saxmobile #4 met it's demise in a head-on collision, and I was lucky that the woman behind the guy who hit me (by driving down the wrong side of the street) stopped and gave a statement. The way we hit, his car spun 180 so it was pointing the right way in my lane, the police were trying to find me at fault for the collision, so her statement (which was exactly like mine) made the police decide not to cite me...

I suppose the best thing that could have come from the end of Saxmobile #4 was that it led to Saxmobile #5 my 94 MK8, and my discovery of the LOD. :D

:D -J

Heres some pics. fenders are bent and needs a new front clip headlights hardware ect, but i can fix it if the frame isnt bent. If its bent ill eject and part it out and grab another one to transfer parts over to.
havent had time to mess with it today.

JeffsCrashedMarkVIII005.jpg

JeffsCrashedMarkVIII008.jpg

JeffsCrashedMarkVIII006.jpg

jeff that aint bad, i mean it sucks that it happened but fix it, it wont cost much to fix, my 98 was screwed and i never thought twice about doing anything but fixing it! i had to buy a whole 97 to do it though. hell if you cant stomach fixing it again, trailer down to me and drop it off, i'll fix it and save you the aggrivation!

Cool, thanks guys. The thought never crossed my mind of getting rid of her, but if the frame is bent, then its bad karma with me to fix it. Thats why i got so upset that id have to do another one. Same thing happened to my 79 Trans Am when it got rearended, ended up selling it cause it was never the same. It definately can be fixed i know. I just have to collect some estimates now and get at her. Think ill grab a 2001 mustang cobra front clip and mod that one to fit it.
Yes i was very surprised the hood didnt break as well. maybe it did, crack, havent inspected it throuroughly yet.

Yep, I'm with them, still looks great, much less damage apparent than I expected to see.

haha Need a body man.

haha Need a body man.

Kinda seems funny now that ive been to three repair shops. They start backpeddling when they come outside and see the mods and bracket work behind the grille with the intercooler.
They all pointed today at another shop and gave me there cards to go see them. "They do musclecars and customs". Then i get there and they dont want to do it. Heck ill do that stinking work myself , you guys paint it i said.

I just need a stinkin estimate to get the ball rolling. haha Unreal. It's just a Lincoln front clip with the bottom cutoff, and some fenders replaced, not a damn maseratti. hahah I got two more shops to hit tommorow, but i dont really trust them on the quality of the paintjobs from talking to people in the past.

Find a custom 'hot rod' shop from talking to other car guys in the hood. ;)

Then get a roll of duct tape and bring that beast to SSHS9! :D

Back