RV Dealers Hurting

budpytko

Registered
Purchased a "used" 5th wheel today to replace my aging '94 Prowler. Found it "on line" at a place about 70 miles from me.

While sitting in the salesman's office, saw a note from "THE BOSS" about RV manufacturers that have defaulted/gone out of business/declared bankruptcy. WOW....couldn't believe what I was seeing....maybe 20 manufacturers are now gone.

Then I thought about the 2007 31' fifth wheel I just made a deal on (Arctic Fox) ..... It was advertised on the web for $27k. I inquired and the price when down to $21k and my old '94. I refused the sale as wife says we can't afford it....3 days later, price (with my POS in trade) went to $18.5k !

I pick it up tomorrow...... They really are hurting....This trailer was sold originally for $38,900 in Oct 2007 ! It still SMELLS new!

The economy hasn't recovered yet.....

Purchased a "used" 5th wheel today to replace my aging '94 Prowler. Found it "on line" at a place about 70 miles from me.

While sitting in the salesman's office, saw a note from "THE BOSS" about RV manufacturers that have defaulted/gone out of business/declared bankruptcy. WOW....couldn't believe what I was seeing....maybe 20 manufacturers are now gone.

Then I thought about the 2007 31' fifth wheel I just made a deal on (Arctic Fox) ..... It was advertised on the web for $27k. I inquired and the price when down to $21k and my old '94. I refused the sale as wife says we can't afford it....3 days later, price (with my POS in trade) went to $18.5k !

I pick it up tomorrow...... They really are hurting....This trailer was sold originally for $38,900 in Oct 2007 ! It still SMELLS new!

The economy hasn't recovered yet.....

It's people like you who WILL help stimulate and bring the economy back up. Props to you and spending some money! :):):):)

Now, put a hitch on your Marks trunk lid, and pull that 5th wheel around! It is almost above the rear axle... :cool:

Good luck with it! Thank you for buying American!

I can tell you for sure that the RV industry is still hurting . . . I live in Elkhart, IN "The RV Capital of the World". There are still hundreds out of work. I worked for a supplier to the industry for almost 21 years, until last January.

It's people like you who WILL help stimulate and bring the economy back up. Props to you and spending some money! :):):):)

Now, put a hitch on your Marks trunk lid, and pull that 5th wheel around! It is almost above the rear axle... :cool:

I wouldn't want to spoil the trunk lid! Keeping it STOCK!! LOL

Thanks everyone....used it once now time to winterize it and put it away till spring!

I guess I never did post the pic of the new (to me) trailer.

100_1443.jpg

Party central for Carlisle! :D

It's a bar with wheels... :D

Does that thing have a fridge? Sink? Electricity? I would be more then happy to help stock it for Carlisle... :D We'll need Steve to bring his Blendtec :D

:D -J

Back