HID to Halogen, What's best kit today?

BigRock91

Registered
I have the task of the dreaded replacement, Low beams for the Mark VIII. I do not want to go with the back to HID style lamps. I'm hoping someone can direct me to a decent kit that accepts standard 9006 capsules from Sylvania or Wagner. There must be a more affordable kit out there now than what I ran into 2 yrs. ago. Much appreciated.

Not that I know of.... dealer only as far as I remember. I installed the replacement HID's in mine....love it. Really nice and bright white light. Much better than the originals! At less than half the cost of the original replacement bulbs. If if these burn out, cheap to replace just the bulb now.

OK, so I'm wondering then about how much $ it is and if there is also an aftermarket version available?

No aftermarket one available as Ford is the only one that manufacturers the housings. VERY expensive. Search in the electrical or lighting thread, the price is in there somewhere.... back about a year ago...maybe 9 months. And I believe I've seen/heard of ONE person that installed them and was VERY dissatisfied.

No aftermarket one available as Ford is the only one that manufacturers the housings. VERY expensive. Search in the electrical or lighting thread, the price is in there somewhere.... back about a year ago...maybe 9 months. And I believe I've seen/heard of ONE person that installed them and was VERY dissatisfied.

WHOA ! Thanks for letting me know then,
I guess I need a link for the lowest price but still decent HID kit then. Did someone mention one for less than $200 somewhere with bulbs?

hids

hids

hi just installed after market hids in my 97 lsc. for $80.00. look much much better. all u have to do is get a 9005 H.I.D kit and take the case that the bulb comes in and cut down the bottom retainer ver carefully then cut a slit in it so it fits to the back of the housing. then use the black retainer from old bulb to secure it.. mine work fine..... good luck

hi just installed after market hids in my 97 lsc. for $80.00. look much much better. all u have to do is get a 9005 H.I.D kit and take the case that the bulb comes in and cut down the bottom retainer ver carefully then cut a slit in it so it fits to the back of the housing. then use the black retainer from old bulb to secure it.. mine work fine..... good luck

OK Thanks. Where can I get this 9005 HID kit? I need to do something pretty quick. And any idea why it is called "9005" ? as that # refers to high beams.

hids

hids

the high beam is a 9006 bulb. i used 9005 bulb for low beam. hidcountry.com has them for under $80.00 u may wanna buy the 9005 relay wire kit for easier install. then u only have to tie unto the 2 wires at the front of the radiator.

Thanks Mustang. Can you give me a part #. I see a premium kit for $150 and a slim kit for $97.77. These do not say anything about Lincolns or mention the original #HID9500 lamp on them. So I guess these are for any car?

your welcome. u dont need the premium. just the 9005 hid kit. and wire relay wiring kit. then when u remove the old bulb there will be 3 screws holding a black piece securing the bulb. take black piece off of old bulb. then take new bulb out of case. NOW BOTTOM PART OF THE CASE AND CUT THE HIGHT OF IT IN HALF VERY CAREFULLY. then cut a piece out of it so it fits on back of the bulb when it is in the housing. then put the black piece on top and secure it with the 2 of 3 screws that came off of it.

the high beam is a 9006 bulb. i used 9005 bulb for low beam. hidcountry.com has them for under $80.00 u may wanna buy the 9005 relay wire kit for easier install. then u only have to tie unto the 2 wires at the front of the radiator.

Pictures please. This is a up and coming task on my 98.

Back