Help with rim choice

WIP95MRK8

Registered
So I found a set of wheels that I am very interested in. Here are what the details say, please tell me if they will work:

"Up for sale is a set of 4 chrome Voxx wheels. There is minor curb rash on 2 of them (pictured). Bolt pattern is 5x108 and the offset is a FWD 38mm. The wheels will fit 5 bolt Volvos, 88-97 Lincoln Continental, 93+ Lincoln Mark VIII, 89-97 & 02+ T-Bird, 86+ Ford Taurus & Mercury Sable, 94+ Ford Windstar, 86-96 Mercury Mystique, 89-97 Mercury Cougar and 99+ Jaguar "S" and "X" Types. Check and make sure of your application as I am not responsible for non-fitment. These cars are what my research says the wheels will fit. All sales final. I can take more pictures if desired."

Also another question, will any wheel that fits a Lincoln LS fit our cars as well?

Thanks

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
Because of the increased width with nearly the same offset, you will have more backspace (~0.7") and more rim lip (~0.8"). You will need the clearance on the inside for the backspace and the rim lip will stick towards the outside. Because they are 18's, brake clearance shouldn't be a problem, but you will be close to the upper control arm.

With a 245/45-18 tire, the tire will be 0.4" more to the inside and 0.4" more to the outside.

If you search, you will find different combos people have successfully put on the Mark VIII with different results. I know several people to have had 18x8's with no issues. I would examine closely the front inside clearances with the 18x8.5 but the rear should be fine. Depending on suspension height and tire choice, you may need to roll the rear fenders.

So I found some 20"s. Anything I should be concerned about prior to purchasing them?

Attachments

• 20_s.jpg
    20_s.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
I heard that the 5-star rims that some of the Lincoln LS came with tend to make the Mark VIII a little wobbly. I don't know that for a fact though.

Track - the overall with of the suspension, and the way the wheels sit in the wheel wells is narrowed when you put Lincoln LS wheels on it, and it looks like it might fall over when cornering. (exeration).

I ran 18x8.5 with +35 and it fit like a glove.

ffs2.jpg

So I found some 20"s. Anything I should be concerned about prior to purchasing them?
I've been curious about 20s myself, being that I'm looking for a show-worthy vehicle. Fortunately there are no potholes around here; most all of the asphalt in this area is relatively new. Something with a deep shiny lip on a large wheel just gets people (me) staring at shows. :) To me 18s look like they belonged on the car from the start, so the oversize look really starts with 19s or 20s. :D

All good info. The 5 stars didn't work out and the roads are horrible here so the 20's aren't going to work. back to the drawing board for the moment.

For what it's worth, right now my 1st choice for wheels are the 18x9 Saleen Speed Star knockoffs that are built to fit the 5x108 pattern.

SSStar_BIG.GIF

tn_423x423_SpeedStar_LSC2.jpg

I've so far only seen them here for $210 apiece. I think you may see them a little bit here and there on LvC. A friend of mine brought up the opinion that the Cobra R rims are getting played out, and he may have a point. They are an awesome wheel, no doubt, but I'd personally like to use something a little less common.

Back