98 Mark VIII - New Member

whiterocksrt8

Registered
Hello All,

I thought I would introduce myself on this fine forum.

I visited this forum a few years back when I was thinking about purchasing a mark8.

Well I finally decided to buy one as a daily driver and park my other vehicles over the winter. I found one advertised on a dealers lot as a 1996. I showed up at the lot and noticed It was a 98 (the sales guy had no idea). I took the car for a 45 min test drive and everything worked perfect except for the stereo. I found a previous registration form in the glove box which proved it was in fact a 98.

The dealer wanted 3000 (canadian) for the vehicle but I offered him 1500. We settled at for 2000 and a condition that it passes aircare (smog testing). The dealer took it in for testing the next day and it passed no problem. I then took ownership.

I have had the car for 1 week and everything works great (except for the rear neon and a strange traction control problem which I simply address by turning the TC off everytime I start it (i will make a new post on this).

I added new tires, a bluetooth capable stereo, and had all the fluids changed.

This car has no leaks, a perfectly operating air ride, quite engine, perfect HIDs, excellent interior (Tan with no rips, cracks, or sags), and perfect body (white pearl).

I like driving this car better than my brand new SRT8 Challenger or Lincoln Aviator. Fast, smooth, and economical. This car has surprised me to say the least. I think I struck a pretty good deal.

I will post pictures later....

I really appreciate all the good info I am learning on this site. Everyone keep up the first class work!

Alex

Back