Hooray for clay bar

calisonic

Registered
Picked up the Meguiar's "Smooth Surface" clay kit today. http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+G1016

Must say I am quite pleased with the results, took a lot of elbow grease though.

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0012.jpg

These pics don't really do it justice though, sadly I only had access to my cell phone camera at the time.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

whiplash15 said:
Superior pics for a cell phone though.

Looks great ON a cell phone too! :D

That Mark VIII looks beautiful. Good job!

That's the kit I use, I'm glad they finally put a case in the kit for keeping the clay bars clean.

I don't think the clay bar takes a lot of elbow grease, it's the waxing after.:)

Looks great! One hint... next clay purchase find a distributor that sells the clay by itself and forego the spray shine they sell with it. You don't need the spray, just use regular car wash as a lubricant. When I clay the car I do it as I wash it, much easier and a whole lot cheaper!

When at Carlisle I usually buy a 20 oz. bar in a plastic soap dish for as little as $15.00.

You sure aren't alone.... in past two days I washed, clayed and Zainoed my Mark too.... Beautiful weather for it too! Low 70's!

Back