Strange Problem :^(

mk8fanatic

Registered
Some of you might remember that on one of my 97 marks the blend door actuator went out so I replaced it....
Problem is that all of a sudden today I have barely any air blowing from any of the vents. This has me soooo stumped because the climate control unit shows no codes, the blend door is changing what air there is from hot and cold, when I change it from floor to defrost to vents or any other mix all works, the blower motor is blowing hard in the dash along with the variable speed.....Just almost nothing is making it to any of the vents!
I guess the only thing I know to do is pull down the blower motor to see if there is some blockage??
Does the car pull any air from the cowl where there might be something blocking?

Maybe....but unlikely. When you have it blowing on the floor only...the outputs come right off the plenum.....and still barely nothing.

Are you sure that the air isnt coming out of the defroster? If it is, that is the default position, and where it would go it the system has a vacuum leak.

Yup Yup
It does come out the defrost but only when I put it on defrost.. It changes to all positions normally.....just hardly anything comes out :( I thought the same thing at first as I have fixed about 6 fords that had either a vacuum leak or a faulty climate control unit and it went to the default.
I am about to go poke around and maybe take out the radio in the attempt to find out what in the heck is going on.

If the fan isn't blowing enough you may have a bad connection at the blower motor behing the glove box. That's a common problem spot.

I dunno guys...
This morning I went out to take a look at it and it worked fine :confused:
Maybe something was hung up in there blocking the airways and somehow freed itself up.
The fan Was blowing hard when It wasn't getting air....thats why I thought it was very strange. Guess I will just keep my eye on it and hope it doesn't do it again.

Hi friends , my problem is that my geyser is not provide sufficient hot water...

Sounds like one of the internal doors got stuck and when it cooled off last night it loosened. You may never have the malfunction again. (hopefully) In any case its a good idea to check the pigtail lead where it connnects to the blower motor. These Marks are famous for corroding that connection and then malfunctioning.

Are you sure that the air isnt coming out of the defroster? If it is, that is the default position, and where it would go it the system has a vacuum leak.

im having this problem, but i cant find the vacuum hose that i need to replace to correct this, could you tell me which one it is?

If you car is a 93 to 96 you will have a vacuum line that comes right off the center of the intake manifold that goes to the passenger corner of the engine compartment. There you will find a one way check valve where it splits into two lines. One goes a short distance through the passenger fender to the EVAP system, and the second one goes through the firewall then over the heater plenum to the climate contol unit. If you mark viii is a 97/98 the only real difference will be where the vacuum line comes off the motor. It will be on the back side of the intake manifold where several vacuum lines connect to a nipple.

Most likely areas for the problem will be between the motor and the passenger corner of the engine compartment where the heat from the motor deteriorates the line. Or between the check valve tee and the EVAP canister in the passenger side fender well. You can get to the evap canister by removing the wheel and inner fender well where you can then follow the line through the fender to the evap canister......Hope this helps :fart

my freakin evap canister is GONE, also noticed that all of the fuel evap system has been removed too!!! i really hate stupid people

Wow....that really stinks :eek:

You can still get vacuum to the climate control.....just make it come off the intake to the corner of the motor compartment where you will have it connected to the plastic like line that goes through the firewall to the climate control unit....be sure to block off any other tee's that may have gone to the evap canister.......if you loose vacuum anywhere your climate control unit will not function correctly and stay on the defrost default.

Back