Alternator Pigtail

HOTLNC

Charter Member
Paid Member
That’s not what O’Reilly calls it. What they call it is an “Internal Regulator Socket.” The Dorman part number is 85843 and it cost under 10 bucks, not counting taxes. It took awhile for the counter guy to find the part number.

I had to replace my forever warranty alternator the other day. That’s what I get for bragging on it. It lasted almost five years. Anyway, the Internal Regulator Socket was heat brittle and the latch fell apart when I pulled it off. Not wanting to take the chance of the connector popping off under motor on state, I found a replacement ASAP.

Now I gotta address my A/C...

Very nice

Very nice

5 years for an alternator in our cars? Id say you definately got your moneys worth, and also a freebie. Nice. Hows the battery holding up?

5 years for an alternator in our cars? Id say you definately got your moneys worth, and also a freebie. Nice. Hows the battery holding up?
I've had to replace the battery a couple of times. They tend to last about 3 to 4 years in HOTLNC.

The A/C now works. I replaced the drier assembly. There was a refrigerant leak at the high pressure port. A common problem, I'm told.

Back