IL guy with a 96 MKVIII

PORTnPOLISH

Registered
Hello, My name is Dick and I have always liked the mark Vivi's. I recently came across a deal to get one so I went ahead and jumped on it. So I picked up this beat up 96 with only 80k on it. Well in 80k they managed to some how kill the damn thing..:confused: . So I am going to try to revive her and see what she can do. I am currently also active over in the DSM scene and have been since I could even drive(I'm only 21). So I am a real do it yourself type of person so I don't let much hold me back from what I want to do. I thought it was and lsc but I guess all the titles state lsc on them???

My plans for the car as of now are to CLEAN the interior, change the plugs and wires, change the oil to a nice synthetic oil, change the trans fluid and filter. Once it's running nice and good I plan on doing some dent repair over the winter because it has many big dents. Then I plan on full exhaust setup, intake, and the j mod. The more I learn about these cars the more the list will grow lol.

dscn3120n.jpg

dscn3121.jpg

dscn3122j.jpg

dscn3124e.jpg

dscn3123m.jpg

dscn3125b.jpg

dscn3126n.jpg

dscn3127g.jpg

dscn3128d.jpg

I just read through yourtech section and I must give props to the admins and mods who put this place together because it is very nice. My other DSM freinds and I got sick and tired of our old forum with all the newb and ricer crap so we broke off and started our own forum in Jan 07 with 10 members. Today were closing on on 1600 and about half of them are active at least monthly. So I can really appreciate a nice forum because it is a lot of work.....
VERY NICE!
two%20thumbs%20up.jpeg

Welcome to LOD. Glad to see you're going to bring it back to some of it's former glory. Good luck.

Welcome! Wow, unbelieveable how that could get so badly trashed and have just 80k miles. Good luck with the restoration and watch for events in the midwest. There's a meet up in Peoria area in 2 weeks, check out LOD events.

welcome dick, i see you on another lincoln forum too. when it comes time i can help you out with some of those dented up body panels, i have fenders, doors, trunk lids. heck if we planned it right i could even have quarter panels for you too! you'll like stoping in here whenever you need some info or ideas just poke around you'll find what you need here.

Welcome! :)

Good luck with your project. It sounds like you've got a good plan of attack. ;)

welcome dick, i see you on another lincoln forum too. when it comes time i can help you out with some of those dented up body panels, i have fenders, doors, trunk lids. heck if we planned it right i could even have quarter panels for you too! you'll like stoping in here whenever you need some info or ideas just poke around you'll find what you need here.
Yeah Im a forum whore so Ill be here for more then just that...:fart . I may need to salvage some of your parts if my buddy cant fix them. He repairs some dents that Ive never thought possible.

Welcome! :)

Good luck with your project. It sounds like you've got a good plan of attack. ;)
Thanks, we will se what happens with her.

Thanks for all the warm Lincoln welcomes! I changed the plugs but I am still waiting on the wires. I havent ordered them yet. I plan on going with the ford racing wires BTW.

Back