Votes: 10 40.0%
  • 2005 - 06 Pontiac GTO

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
I dont think I can fit in the C5 Z06 and plus it will get stuck up the driveway.

This car is going to be my DD. I drive 60 miles a day and in traffic.
I want to spend around $15k-$20k on the car.

I don't know man 60 miles a day is a lot... all of the 4 doors you mentioned will get teen MPG. Gas may not be cheap forever...

Hmm 15-20k... tough price bracket also SRT8 300C in good shape are probably still slightly over 20k.

If you like the CTS-V get it, lots of ppl love that car.

I am 6'3" and 240lb right now, but i fit in my C5 Vette with no problem when i was 265lb. I even do HPDE with a helmet on.

I voted for the Caddy.

I am around that same height, but my head touches the roof of the vette if I sit up straight so I have to slouch, and yes my seat is all the way down and back. My co worker is 6'8" and he "fit" inside also... but serious headroom issues.

I am around that same height, but my head touches the roof of the vette if I sit up straight so I have to slouch, and yes my seat is all the way down and back. My co worker is 6'8" and he "fit" inside also... but serious headroom issues.

The clear top has a bit more head room. My head will just touch the B pillar if I lean all the way back. When doing HPDE I move my seat up a bit for a more proper driving position and that gives just a bit more head room.

The clear top has a bit more head room. My head will just touch the B pillar if I lean all the way back. When doing HPDE I move my seat up a bit for a more proper driving position and that gives just a bit more head room.

Yea looks like my head touches where that little cross bar. I only have the clear top with my car so I don't even know what the regular top is like.

Stone...I didn't vote, because I have never researched either one of them...

have you considered a Marauder?

easily modified to run very quick numbers, definitely a dependable DD, and as comfy as your towncar.

I am biased, and I can understand why you are shying away from the C5.

as for the GTO, a friend of mine bought one, and said the very best part of his GTO was the gap insurance he bought when he totalled it in a rainstorm in the mid-west last summer.

he threw tons of cash at it for mods, and the car responded like a dead horse.

If I had to make a choice based on what others have reported, I'd go G8. But unless the car really does "it" for you...I wouldn't buy based on what others know/report. I'd drive...and then drive again...

to throw you a curve ball, you need to go out and drive something that is above and beyond what you are shopping for, so you can compare each car's shortcomings.

Go drive a high end mercedes or BMW and then compare the lower-cost cars on your list with the higher quality machinery...you might get a new appreciation for what you like and need over what you crave and hope for.

also...let your Towncar's demise be a lesson in depreciation. if you buy a car that's going to depreciate uber-fast, then where will you end up should something unfortunate happen? You are very lucky the towncar value didn't come in quite a few thousand less than you owed on it, or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I can appreciate you wanting other's opinions...but better to make your mind up and let others talk you out of it/confirm your desire, than to let others talk you in to something you really might not want to buy.

I wish someone would have talked me out of buying my HHR. Unfortunately, not too many people had ever owned one when I bought mine. The only thing worse than it's ergonomic problems as a 6' tall driver, is it's magnified gravity-induced value plunge. Great car, but not for me.

I had a 2003 Marauder as my daily driver before I bought my 1998 Mark VIII. The Marauder will highly disappoint you with regards to interior quality and technology for the money. It was a nice car, like the Mark it needs gears and a tune to wake it up. Another thing I hated was that all my friends thought it was a modded 'cop car.' I didn't pay $11K for a cop car :mad:

I made up my mind for now.
I want a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona.

Went for a solo test drive in a 04 GTO and a 06 Dodge Charger Daytona.
The GTO does not feel fast and is too small for me.
The 06 Dodge Charger Daytona can smoke the tire on take off and has a large interior.
The sound of the engine is incredible just smash the gas (just a little lag) and it goes.

1 Vote for the 06 Dodge Charger Daytona.

I had a 2003 Marauder as my daily driver before I bought my 1998 Mark VIII. The Marauder will highly disappoint you with regards to interior quality and technology for the money. It was a nice car, like the Mark it needs gears and a tune to wake it up. Another thing I hated was that all my friends thought it was a modded 'cop car.' I didn't pay $11K for a cop car :mad:

The Marauder was another abortion, at the car shows the concept version looked great but when it came out in production it was just grand marquis with a few tweaks.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

steve said:

The Marauder was another abortion, at the car shows the concept version looked great but when it came out in production it was just grand marquis with a few tweaks.

Come on down to the SSHS this weekend in GA.

More than a few of those 'abortions' will readily handle any challenge your 'vette may pose.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

More than a few of those 'abortions' will readily handle any challenge your 'vette may pose.

Amen JP...Amen

The Marauder IS a Grand Marquis...it was never expected to be anything but...anyone who bought one thinking it was something different was either blind, or had never seen a Grand Marquis.

and i gotta tell ya, seeing one rip off some high 11 second passes in basic street legal trim sure is bitchin.

Glenn...so, have you found THE one? I like the copper color...what about you?

Last edited:

Stock for stock :p?

I actually like those cars. I drove one before I bought my vette, but it wouldn't fit in my garage :(. Interior is better than crown vic, so is engine, transmission, wheels, exhaust, gears. I'd say it has a good amount of upgrades.

Glenn...so, have you found THE one? I like the copper color...what about you?

That is the color I want.
The car must have a sunroof, navigation and around 30,000 miles.

Right Now I going to save up at least $3k-4k before I start looking again.
But for now I going to get the Mark VIII back on the road.Just need tires and gas :p

+1.

And dollar for dollar (starting with no car), a Mark would be faster than a Maurader. (and let's face it, look more awesome as well).

But like Mark owners, some guys just like that look and style, so more power to them.

Amen JP...Amen

and i gotta tell ya, seeing one rip off some high 11 second passes in basic street legal trim sure is bitchin.

You got that right. I know a couple of the Marauder gang that would be scratching their heads after a high 11 second pass wondering what was wrong with their car it was so slow. LOL

I actually like those cars. I drove one before I bought my vette, but it wouldn't fit in my garage :(. Interior is better than crown vic, so is engine, transmission, wheels, exhaust, gears. I'd say it has a good amount of upgrades.

Who cares about stock vs. stock? LOL :p

You expect a 'vette to be fast. You just don't expect the same from a 4000lb + 'gussied up' Grand Marquis. LOL :D

There are a lot of crap cars out there that people mod to go fast :D
My point was compared to the concept show car what was put in production was a disappointment :frown:

Amongst the crew I run with up here my Vette is relatively slow running in the 11s. It is not uncommon for guys to have daily drivers in the 10s and even 9s.

Back