no fuel pressure 01 LS 3.9

sbruffett

Registered
Has anyone replaced the fuel pump on an LS? If so what is the procedure? After letting my Ls sit for a couple months it would not crank. I found the fuel pump fuse and it was blown. I replaced it and it cranked but ran a short time and blew the fuse again. I replaced it again with a 20 amp fuse and the car will intermittently crank and run a very short time. I suspect the pump is shot and have located a replacement but would like a little advice before buying the new pump. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

I have never done an LS, but I'd bet the pump is in the fuel tank. like most modern cars.

Being a front wheel drive car, you should only have to worry about the exhaust plumbing.

If you are going to DIY, it's best to look at a service manual and check out the replacement's PITA rating.

I have never done an LS, but I'd bet the pump is in the fuel tank. like most modern cars.

Being a front wheel drive car, you should only have to worry about the exhaust plumbing.

If you are going to DIY, it's best to look at a service manual and check out the replacement's PITA rating.

I am pretty sure those are rear whell drive.

Back