Dissapointed after transmission swap

SilverMark97

Registered
Well, after finally getting all my research done for the re-pin, ect. I removed my transmission, pull the "2000 mustang gt" transmission and pull all the tarps off of it from storage. At this point I'm newly educated about the 4R70W and proceed to repin my existing harness. Well, I go to plug it in and I notice... the plug is white... uh oh.

Cleaning off the top I discover the "94" marking on the top of the transmission shell... damnit. So, its a 94 going in my 97. I decided to proceed with it anyway, unpinned my repinned harness back to normal. Install goes well.

1st feels like the handbrake is stuck on, takes quite a bit of gas to get her rolling, however, when I floor it, both wheels grab and it yanks your neck. I notice with the brake applies and gas applied, I get about 3200 rpms before the wheels begin to grab, it was purchased as a 3800-4200 rpm stall.

I'm guessing the new stall converter will need some "breaking in" considering it has all new mercon 5. At WOT it's pretty impressive, but I notice it shifting into 2nd at about 60ish instead of the 70ish it did before. All gears present and appears to be strong. I didn't drive it much just around the neighborhood, im taking her home now on the turnpike we will see what it does there.

Overall, im not impressed, and sort of worried. Thoughts please and thanks guys :)

Back