lol I need slicks real bad

mlschultz

Registered
Went to a 1/8 mile track outside Chattanooga, TN today with Aric to T&T. Waste of time for me. I was able to manage some 1.8 60's with the street tires, but when it hit second gear, the car pointed to the fence every time, and I had to lift. Must of been making some good power up top of the rpms today, because I have not had it break loose so much that I felt the need to lift before. I might need to go up to Summit this week, and see about buying some DR's. Here is the video. Aric is driving Steve's Marauder. He just put a 2 step on it, and was dialing it in.

The+Mark+T%26T+Nov+1+09

Don't waste your money on Drag Radials Just go with slicks for the track and Buy drag radials for the street and be done with it :D .You have the power to go faster then your previous personal best but you need some good tires and good wheels (big and littles).
Seriously if you run your 18 inch up front I would go with drag radials in the back as you don't want to mix radial tires with bias-ply tires on a 500 rwhp car.

Thanks, JP.

I agree with you Mike. But at this time, a set of track only wheels and slicks for the few times I run at the track are not very realistic for me. I am thinking that the dr's are a step up at least from the t1r street tires.

lol Here is the $600 solution... Hope it helps. :)

DSC02316.JPG

DSC02317.JPG

DSC02318.JPG

DSC02319.JPG

DSC02320.JPG

DSC02322.JPG

DSC02327.JPG

DSC02329.JPG

DSC02331.JPG

I'm not sure what time I'll get in. We'll see. PM me your cell #.

I just found out today my pit crew won't be coming along. To play it safe, the car will have the track tires on the trailer. ;)

Since I'll be staying at the Jameson, the track is just down the street and so is Sonic's. I can pull the car off the trailer at the hotel and do whatever from there.

EDIT: Is that a scuff mark on the rim in the second pic!? :eek:

pm sent, JP. I noticed that too. Aric sent me to this tire shop down the street from his shop, and is friends with the owner. The owner personally did the work too. Someone is going to fix it is all I know. Those rims did not have a rash on them anywhere that I know of. Besides that, my friend spotted some bubbles in the powder coat too on one of the rims. After SSHS, Ryan was going to send them back to California for them to fix the bubbles, or fix them locally if they agree. What a pain...

Good luck with the rims, that's shameful but it should polish out.

I'll be interested in seeing how the 265s ET Street Radials hook for you. They are on my 'wish list' for the '96. ;)

Edit: My wish list options just got shorter! My other choice for 18" DRs were the 285/40-18 Nitto 555Rs but after your pics, I'm not so sure 285s will fit!

Last edited:
The Summit salesman and I talked about the 285 Nitto, and he did not have any positive feedback from talking to customers about them. He did say the mt et street dr is the best selling dr at their store. Aric, and just about everyone I have talked to say et streets hook the best for what they are.

I thought the same thing with the 285's - that would be a real tight fit inside the wheel well.

285 is not much tire... my vette breaks the 275 loose at 40mph or so and goes sidesways at 55mph with the 1-2 shift... and I don't have anywhere near the pwoer that you do.

With that much power you should try 325 or 335 sadly they won't fit the mark :(

Back