Simple Question

fastmark8

Registered
Where is the cruise control deactivation switch (recall) on a 1997 mark viii. I don't see one and the service manual does not show it.

Thanks

It is for the hot wire to the brakes that shuts off the cruise when you hit the brakes. These are known to short out and burn the car down and the house too if thats where you have it parked. Its a "must do" TSB. Its located behind the left front fender liner and the repair is to install a fuse in the line.

Your dealer can look up the VIN to determine if your Mark has had this recall concern corrected already, or not. They install the extra circuit breaker on your car free of charge.
Most of us have gotten letters from Ford on this, but I thought I would mention it, in case anyone hadn't heard about it..
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

The switch is located under the right fender, above and to the left (towards the engine) of the the air suspension compressor, on the 94 through the 98 Marks.

On the 93 it is below the brake booster.

I'm glad I don't have a 93.:D

Last edited:
Calisonic - Thanks for the link, that's some very helpful info for all of us..
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

i have one of the harness's the dealer instals, its new, not sure if its worth anything , doesnt the dealer put them in for free?

Back