Rare wiper motor???

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
The world's least used wiper motor needs replaced in the '93. :eek:

I figured last Saturday to go to the local parts chain and pick one up. Luckily I called beforehand. It seems they didn't have one.

I asked if any of their other locations in town would. Didn't show up on their system.

I asked when they could have one in. Turns out none of their distribution centers had one!

No biggie, not wanting to pay dealer price and wait 'til I could manage to get to the 9-5 dealer parts counter, I go online to Rock Auto dot com. Only one available was Motorcraft for more than I expected, but OK, whatever. Placed the order and went along my merry way.

I got an email the next day acknowledging the order but was informed it would take a couple days extra for them to get it from a different distribution center?

Turns out it finally did ship today according to an email I received.

Kinda weird for such a common part I would think.

I wonder if anyone else has had trouble locating a wiper motor lately. :rolleyes:

(I just hope it's the right one when I receive it!)

there are 2 different styles used in the mark VIII, early 93's had a motor with dual plugs, 94-98 use the same motor, with a single plug, pray you get the correct one! some 94;s had the dual plug too, like ford tossed the left overs in random 94's

Yep, I knew the differences of the 1 and 2 plug design. My oem had 2 plugs. When I replaced it years back, it was with a 1 plug design with a harness and splice instructions.

I'm not sure if I can find the original harness plugs if I get a 2 plug unit. I may have to send it back if I don't get a 1 plug unit. :eek:

Good news! :)

I received the wiper motor today from Rock Auto and it is a NIB Motorcraft part, P/N F7LZ -17508-AB, complete with park mechanism. As you can tell from the part number, it is the later model with the single plug and not the early two-plug design. :)

Good news! :)

I received the wiper motor today from Rock Auto and it is a NIB Motorcraft part, P/N F7LZ -17508-AB, complete with park mechanism. As you can tell from the part number, it is the later model with the single plug and not the early two-plug design. :)

I really hope that's the problem, after all of that!

did you have a chance to try it john?

No, not yet. I'm going to try and get to it this weekend, but it's not like the car is going anywhere soon. LOL

I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I remember it being a PITA last time. I'll try to take pics along the process and make a how-to post.

Back