Need help - will not start

beerdog

Registered
The other mark has been sitting since thursday while we were at the heavyweight shoot out. Now it will not start. Started fine before I left. The engine turns over.I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes in case there was something goofy with the computer. There is plenty of gas. Any suggestions on what to look at? I would normally trouble shoot with the service manual CD but I can't find it. Also, no error codes.

I think I just had a weak battery. It kind of turned over poorly to begin with. Eventually drained the battery checking everything. Jumped it along with some starter fluid. everything working OK now. Sharon probably left the door ajar over the weekend. :)

I don't think you need starter fluid for a modern fuel injected car, unless you like to sniff it. :fart

Bud

"computer senses that and kills the electricity......" were you referring to that leaving the door ajar does not drain the battery?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

beerdog said:
Bud

"computer senses that and kills the electricity......" were you referring to that leaving the door ajar does not drain the battery?

Yeah the car should cut power to the lamps after a certain amount of time. I would have to look it up, I forget the acronymn and allotted time.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

That sounds about right. I usually see it if I'm working on the car's interior with the door opened.

It is the Battery Saver circuitry which is part of the RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) module. From the manual...

Battery Saver

The remote keyless entry module includes a battery saver relay which supplies power to the convenience lamps (Circuit 54), courtesy lamps (Circuit 53) and luggage compartment lamp (Circuit 707) when active. When the battery saver relay deactivates, power is removed from these lamps.

The battery saver relay is activated anytime the control module receives an input signal. This relay deactivates 45 minutes after the last input to the control module.

NOTE:
The battery saver relay does NOT control power to the headlamps or parking lamps.

But it is 45 minutes apparently, not 10 minutes. :eek:

also note that on a "will not start" problem with the Mark VIII be sure to check that the fuel pump safety switch hasnt engaged, it is located in the trunk under and forward of the air ride shut of switch in the same compartment

Back