Whos got a 1996 black LSC they want to sell?

Sierra3

Registered
Looks like the insurance company is going to lowball me and ill have to fight them to get this car fixed. They are lowballing me with 2800 estimte on total loss of the car.
I need some pics and a possible price on another one of equal value. They book out cheap as heck here, but all the ones ive gone to look at were basket cases with dented bodywork and wasted interiors not counting the neglected engines.
I need them to know its going to cost alot more than that to "go find me a replacement one comparable to my car".

I like the second gens too, specially in black..but

I like the second gens too, specially in black..but

Saw a '97 black LSC in our local fish wrapper this AM.
Thanks for the intell, but....
Only a 1st genner will do for me. Im sold and brainwashed on the first gen styling. I just want to get a 96 now with HIDs and LSC bodywork.
Then the conversion process will start transfering over all the goodies.

Looks like the insurance company is going to lowball me and ill have to fight them to get this car fixed. They are lowballing me with 2800 estimte on total loss of the car.
I need some pics and a possible price on another one of equal value.

I went through the same thing this spring with the '96.

I found a body guy who would do the work with me supplying parts. I told the insurance company the car was getting fixed and they would pay or I would take my business elsewhere. Only then did they commence to negotiate their stand.

Long story short, the car got fixed and I got a check for what I had to pay the shop and my deductible was kinda traded for the parts I supplied.

Your car is totally fixable - you just have to take control of the situation. :)

I found out years ago that one of the hardest Mark VIII's to find FOR SALE is a 1996 LSC.
I've seen more CE's for sale than 96 LSC's!!!
Especially Black!
Good luck to you....I would have to say...the 96 LSC was one of the cars I craved way back when. Nice choice.

They are out there, but you are going to have to travel for most of them. They aren't all black, but beggars cant be choosers.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1443825156.html

http://bham.craigslist.org/ctd/1450106886.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1447029132.html

1996 LINCOLN MARK VIII LSC V8, LEATHER, FULLY LOADED, SUPER CLEAN. $3,995
839-635037.jpg

FINISH LINE MOTORS
2001 WHIPPLE AVE. NW
CANTON, OH 44708
(330) 479-9550

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=&max_price=&cardist=366&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ssion=&max_price=&cardist=1628&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=&max_price=&cardist=509&standard=false

True

True

I found out years ago that one of the hardest Mark VIII's to find FOR SALE is a 1996 LSC.
I've seen more CE's for sale than 96 LSC's!!!
Especially Black!
Good luck to you....I would have to say...the 96 LSC was one of the cars I craved way back when. Nice choice.

I did find one up in Rome GA. Its a real LSC black/black but had 200,000 miles on her. Interior was all original and unmolested stock but the interior door panels were jacked up and usuall wear and tear on interior, and it had front clip damage that they chintzed out and put stock base model headlights back in it instead of replacing the HIDs.
All in all it was a good clean car, but i couldnt ignore the milage and everything underneath the car would need to be converted over from mine to it. The owner/dealer wouldnt budge on the price either after my offer of only 300.00 cheaper than he was asking, and i walked away from it.
So, yeah they are out there, but yes you are very correct good luck in finding a nice low milage one thats all original for under 4 grand.

I went through the same thing this spring with the '96.

I found a body guy who would do the work with me supplying parts. I told the insurance company the car was getting fixed and they would pay or I would take my business elsewhere. Only then did they commence to negotiate their stand.

Long story short, the car got fixed and I got a check for what I had to pay the shop and my deductible was kinda traded for the parts I supplied.

Your car is totally fixable - you just have to take control of the situation. :)

I know, what i decided to do is fix the car out of salvage parts and get a set of new headlights and grille out of my pocket. Ill do the labor myself that should save the extra money for the paintjob at the painters place i drop it off too. Then give them the bills for the painting and headlights. How can they argue with free labor. haha mann i hate insurance companies. Makes you wonder why we pay them. Worst part is we are forced to. Id rather have my own insurance fund in a shoebox in the closet. Then at least ill get paid in the end. I think there all crooks. Think of how much you throw away every month for your house,car, boat , motorcycles ect. per month and throw that into a trust fund. You never get to take out more than you put in and they skim the interest off the top every quarter and only payout pennies on the intake to only a few. hahah stinkin crooks.

im guessing the s/c was in it since it was running? how'd it turn out for you?

It was running awesome at the time no issues, but i had to drive it sanely and no WOT take offs. I was just getting ready to pull the aluminum tubes and clamps all off again and have them welded up in three solid sections instead of the piece work and rubber booties it is all now. Kept blowing off the upper intake boot going to the throttle body under full 8psi boost.

So now im just slowly collecting the rebuild body parts and ordering some aluminum tubing mandrel bends to make the tubes bulletproof and welded with T bolt clamps.
Its never gonna move this time around. hah I mean the tubes and rubber not the car. The car better move briskly after all this.
After that, ill have to contend with the Steel tensioner serpintine belt conversion. I got the cheapie aluminum one on there now and i assume it will squeel after a while under more than 3 seconds of WOT at the track. Never gotten by that yet. Well cross that bridge when we get there.

Back