Do you allow eating/drinking in the car?

Do you allow eating/drinking in the car?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Only certain items

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Depends on situation - other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Trixie

Staff member
Apparently, quite a few people think I'm a little too anal about my car.

I don't allow eating or drinking in the car, never have in any of my cars really, unless it's black coffee (and then only sometimes) or water. Sometimes I will make certain exceptions, like allowing on a long trip HOME from a car show a bottle of pop with a screw on top which must be kept closed when not in use, and will allow non-sticky foods on occasion.

Am I crazy? :confused: I just don't like my car to be a mess, even though I do allow smoking in it.

So I am voting no, even though I will -- rarely -- make exceptions.

Last edited:
As a general rule, no.

But I have to confess if I didn't eat in the truck, I would be malnourished. :eek:

Nope, once a girl brought food in my car after i told her not too and i never took her out again.
An other one failed the test when she shut the door to the vette by the window.

What could you possibly eat or drink in your car that can't be cleaned if spilled?
These cars are about driving them...and driving means ROAD TRIP! I have lists of foods that are great for taking in the car.
Food and drink aside, do any of you remember the other things you did in your cars when you were younger? Remember the drive-in?
Eat, drink, enjoy and vacuum it out in the morning. It's only a car..

No sloppy joes or big Italian beef sandwiches. I'm ok with drinks and candy bars and no wrappers/cups left behind. Of course, I don't have kids so that may change once I do.

"Certain Items are ok"

Coffee, Sharon? That has got to be the worst!!! Those stains never come out.

Most ppl are generally very scared to bring food into my car because it is really clean so they dispose of anything before we enter the car... kinda funny.

But Water/Certain beverages are ok.

Well if you do bring anything to drink in the Mark, don't put put it in the cup holder and hit the gas or it will end up in the back seat somewhere. This is from experience. :(

Well if you do bring anything to drink in the Mark, don't put put it in the cup holder and hit the gas or it will end up in the back seat somewhere. This is from experience. :(

You're not kidding, that happened to me with one of those 7 eleven big gulps.
Good thing I have a black interior! :eek:

"Certain Items are ok"

Coffee, Sharon? That has got to be the worst!!! Those stains never come out.

Most ppl are generally very scared to bring food into my car because it is really clean so they dispose of anything before we enter the car... kinda funny.

But Water/Certain beverages are ok.

Only black coffee in the black interior and only for long road trips if I need it to stay awake. Lots of napkins, and it won't be full.

I feel so much better now. :) I'm not the only one, and I may be even more lax than some of you!

So, Steve, call Hubby and tell him what a ******** he was for eating a sandwich in my car against my wishes.

I eat and drink in my cars all the time.

I enjoy sitting in my car at lunch eating fast foods. I comfortably listen to the radio and when I'm done, I bring any left overs and trash back into work to put in the fridge or bin.

On the one hour drive to work I enjoy a large tea from the gas station (I'm a tea totaler :D).

On long trips I've even found an easy way to eat Wendy's Chili. I let it cool a bit and, since it's in a cup, I drink it like a milkshake.:)

On long trips I've even found an easy way to eat Wendy's Chili. I let it cool a bit and, since it's in a cup, I drink it like a milkshake.:)

What???

You suck chili through a straw? :eek:

:laugh:

Actually, Wendy's chili is one of the few things from Wendy's I will eat - their burgers are always soggy as heck! :frown:

It depends on which car, if it's a super nice one, no food, drink, smoke, not even any beer (I realize that's pretty extreme)
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s
But I do like some of 'em more than the others

Am I crazy? :confused: I just don't like my car to be a mess, even though I do allow smoking in it.
Yeah you are crazy. Food isn't nearly as dirty or nasty as smoking is. The smell, the yellowing of everything, just nasty. I am a smoker as well but do not allow it in my any of my vehicles. Somebody drops a taco in my car and it'll clean right up, smoke isn't so easy.

Yeah you are crazy. Food isn't nearly as dirty or nasty as smoking is. The smell, the yellowing of everything, just nasty. I am a smoker as well but do not allow it in my any of my vehicles. Somebody drops a taco in my car and it'll clean right up, smoke isn't so easy.

Fair enough. But everytime I quit, I wanted a cig the most when I'd have coffee, be on the phone or be in the car. I don't smoke in others' cars if they don't allow it. Except Hubby. See above.

Back