6 speed

Delta

Registered
Tremec 6 speed install in work. Has anyone done this before. 98 mark. I'm using the clutch pedal assy. from a supercoupe. having the drive shaft mfg. we used the existing trans support. Everything seems fine so far. Shifter location is falling right in the sweet spot. I'll have pics. later and note any severe problems. We may have a PCM harness made and move the PCM behind the rear seat. That will be much less work than spliceing all of the wireing. Most clearance problems have been minor so far. I also plan on building a forged engine and adding Twin turbos to the shark. More to follow.

Very involved project. I have seen both 5 speed and 6 speed marks before.

Some do excellent work (shift link extender etc) other do hack jobs by putting the shifter under the radio and cutting plastic...

Very involved project. I have seen both 5 speed and 6 speed marks before.

Some do excellent work (shift link extender etc) other do hack jobs by putting the shifter under the radio and cutting plastic...

This is going to look like factory.

More pictures, more details please.
Seriously now... there are at least a dozen Gen2/Gen1 that run 5 and 6 speeds using T45, T56, 3650's. ... other sites to check LVC or TCCOA have some good threads with pictures too (I luv pictures).

A dozen? Hardly.....

After driving Mikes 5 speed I cant even begin to tell you how much faster it is than an AT car. The drivetrain loss is crazy.

Ill have one someday, I just gotta stop spending my money on stupid things, like the house and montly bills, then ill have the money to do it. lol.

still way better than a built 4r70w? just curious because i've driven neither.

Not one that Lonnie sells...he sells a TC with a carbon fiber lock-up that really does fully lock up. That's how I can get 240 rwhp on a completely stock motor. When it engaged on the dyno at 3k rpms, the dyno guy thought the car shifted gears...he had to look at the dyno chart to see the power boost for himself.

Appreciation for automatics comes from those who drive in a lot of stop and go traffic, and folks looking for consistent ET's at the strip.

Appreciation for automatics comes from those who drive in a lot of stop and go traffic, and folks looking for consistent ET's at the strip.

Fixed that for you the correct way.

Appreciation for automatics comes from those who drive in a lot of stop and go traffic, and folks looking for consistent and faster ET's at the strip.

Good build Auto trans will be faster in 1/4 mile then 5 or 6 speed manual.

I raced against manual cars making alot more power then my car and I was always able to bit them but Manual cars are more fun to drive.

Manual cars are more fun to drive.

A properly built tranny and lockup converter can be lots of fun as well. I can take my automatic '93 Mark VIII through the mountainous twisties and have as much fun as any manual drivetrain. With 4.30s and the use of the O/D lockout switch and BOO switch (to force the converter to unlock), the game is on! :D

an auto with a line lock tune is fun to drive too until you blow a front main seal :eek:

i'd imagine the built tranny is still more fun though:p

Back