Diamond Edition

LSC HUNTER

Registered
Need a little advise, I have found a Diamond Edition that is for sale. It does not have the original wheels but other than that looks good in pictures. The ca has about 140K miles on it. I can have a good friend go look at the car to see if it needs anything but I do not want to waste time here as I will end up transporting it across the country. This is a no salt car as it is in Southern BC Canada. With trans port I am going to look at 4K for this car. Think it might be worth it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I think you could do better in a Florida car....and transport would be cheaper too..... I would also go for something with lower mileage.

Photos so we can verify it is a true "Diamond Edition". Even so $4k USD? For a 140K mile 96 mark viii may not be worth it. I rather have a 98 CE for that money and milage.

Dont be confused about what a REAL diamond EDITION is. They came in only 2 colors.
Pewter and Cordovan. with a gray interior with cordovan trim or cordovan with gray trim.
Warning! Almost all 96 titles say "Diamond Anniversary Edition. If that exact phrase is not etched in the quarter glass, it isnt..

Dont be confused about what a REAL diamond EDITION is. They came in only 2 colors.
Pewter and Cordovan. with a gray interior with cordovan trim or cordovan with gray trim.
Warning! Almost all 96 titles say "Diamond Anniversary Edition. If that exact phrase is not etched in the quarter glass, it isnt..

Sorry for altering the subject, but some of these 'edition' cars are silly...Lincoln, imports, whatever.

I say if a 'special' edition car is not obviously different than the other 'editions', it just isn't a 'special' edition.

IMO, even the differences between the LSC and non-LSC are trival. A real special edition Mark would have had 400+ hp, or a manual tranny, or be convertible, etc.

Back