Supplier for Coolant Hoses, etc.???

Fife

Registered
I have been looking for a supplier for heater hoses, coolant hoses, etc. I tried RockAuto and TeamFordParts online as well as Autozone. Some of the hoses are supposedly obsolete or not carried any longer.

Anyone know a good source for these parts?

Have you tried the Ford dealer?

Try Max at 5 Star Ford in AZ. Lots of us from all over the US use him. Nice discount for LOD too. If he can' find it, it ain't out there.

I've always been able to get the hoses for My Mk 8s through Auto Zone stores, although I've had to wait a day or so, untill the next truck from the warehouse had been around.
On one occasion, I didn't want to wait, so I took the old hose to a Napa store to see if they could match up the bends in it with some other hose they had in stock. They had one hose I could use by cutting it shorter at a certain point, and the cut-off section even worked as a replacement for one of the shorter hoses which I also needed.
The hoses for the Mark eights are sure to become more scarce, now that our cars are at least eleven or twelve model years old, now. So if you do find the part numbers are finally discontinued, you should be able to come up with something by using the same method as above.
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

I went to Oreilly's today and I think they can get everything. The guy at Autozone wasn't much help...their computer system isn't as good as Oreilly though I buy most of my stuff there. I will check the other sources mentioned as well. Thanks.

I have a question about thermostats but will make a new post.

I changed all the hoses when I did my oil filter adapter gasket change. I got all mine from Autozone. They didn't have the exact lengths so I got creative with what they had and cut/shaved off portions till I got what I needed.

How was the hose replacement? There are four...right? Did you change the thermostat as well? Any tips for me...I am about to do this project and also getting ready to change the rear gear oil soon...97,300 miles.

How was the hose replacement? There are four...right? Did you change the thermostat as well? Any tips for me...I am about to do this project and also getting ready to change the rear gear oil soon...97,300 miles.

The thermostat is easy to change while you're replacing your hoses.
When you split the housing apart to remove it, you'll find there is an o-ring which provides a seal directly against the thermostat itself on one side (only). The other side just inserts into a groove in the housing, and no type of o-ring or gasket is used there. You'll want to be observant as to which side the o-ring goes on. For re-assembly, torque the two halves of the housing evenly as possible, but since it's aluminum, take care not to over-tighten.
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

O'Reillys has all the hoses needed for my 93 Mark 8 they are $42 for both heater hoses and upper and lower radiator hoses, itll take about 2 days to get em thou, i also replaced the belt and several of the vacuum hoses, i also found a brand new radiator thru them as well as my tank was seperating from the coolers on the right bank that was about $150 , only problem i found with the heater hoses was some genius installed those screw clamps with the screw heads facing the transmission, that was SO fun, if youre having any other coolant issues please feel free to ask, ive replaced about everything except that one part that makes the inside of the cabin nice and warm ( i dare not say the name..itll hear me talking about it and decide to go bad )

I had the 3 radiator hoses changed, bought from Oreillys also.
One going to the thermostat housing had to be cut to work, but the shape on one end was correct.
Its a mess of a job especially changing the thermostat, I took it to a radiator shop with the hoses in hand and a motorcraft thermostat.

David

Back