Any idea who's this is?

Phone # is listed to:
Deborah Ransom

If they were a LOD Member why was it not listed here?

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

There are some from markviii.org site who believe they are members of the LOD. :(

I emailed the seller asked him if he put the 5.0 in hime self

"No, all Mark VIII LSC's come with the 5.0 H.O. Cobra engine as standard. Car has original engine (171K) , headers and dual exhaust."

was his reply, and he signed with the name "Mark"

So I replied
"Well as an owner of a '98 Mark VIII, I am certain they all have the 4.6 DOHC Cobra engines both standard and LSC, the latter having a better exhaust and sportier suspension, but still the 4.6. At least from factory"

Last edited:
And it gets better:

Mark wrote:

try this link...http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/606222-mark-vii-lsc-5-0-ho.html If that doesn't answer your question, then ask the Ford dealer or anyon on Lincolns of Distinction. The SC was the only Lincoln to use the 5.0 being mechanically identical.

I wrote:

That link specifically states "The '91-'93 T-Bird 5.0 was also an HO (no V8 in the T-Bird '89-'90, and 4.6 mod motor in '94-'97)"

And I am a member of LOD and there is a thread on there about the info on your sale and how wrong it is.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27725

and then there's this

http://www.internetautoguide.com/car-specifications/09-int/1997/lincoln/mark-viii/index.html

and this

note the "capacity" section (-this was a link in the email)

and this

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ym...model=Mark+VIII&year=1997&modelNValue=9014864

And if anyone is interested his name comes up from his email account as Mark Gillum

Last edited:
And he also sent this:

Engine was mechanically the same as the 5.0, the wiring and exhaust was the difference as you noted. If you recall, Ford advertised the engines as 5.0 and even badged the Mark VII's as such. Perhaps underneath they were all the same plant, but again, different setups and tuning. In any case, the 290 horses and exhaust systems made the Mark VIII different from the Mustangs and the 290 (Factory) was the most you could have in the car without mods. In fact the plain Mark VIII's were a little quicker off the line until the torque really kicked in.

He knows he's correct, I guess. I hope the person that buys the car know's he's not.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering who I am

For anyone wondering who I am

Hello out there!! For those of you with your pants in a bunch and on fire, here I am. I have responded in private to several inquiries but feel I need to set the record straight here. The reason the car was NOT posted here was that I initially was just moving the car to make room in my driveway since I wasn't driving it at this point. No intentional false advertising and I have done all the apologizing I could about getting the engine specs wrong. Like I have stated over and over again, the car is NOT being sold sight unseen, and anyone who would like to see it is more than welcome to. Obviously, after you see and/or drive the car, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Anyone who wants to inspect or look at the engine is more than welcome and I have never told anyone interested they could not, or just to accept without checking things out. As most of you well know, more than likely the car is of most interest to others who already are very familiar with the car, perhaps other owners. I don't mind. Actually, what I have found is that the more I spruce it up the more I remember why I had so much fun in it and only want the next owner to enjoy it as well. If that's not good enough I don't know what to tell you. And for those of you who are on a Holy Crusade over this, if you have that much of a problem, come see me and we can straigten things out, my number is placed with the ad. As I said, I may have had things wrong initially, but not intentionally and the car is what it is. Since I hadn't driven it, I was going to just sell it for parts, but as I cleaned it and fired it up, it reminded me it was SO much more than parts. For those of you who may remember some of my posts, you can judge for yourselves what type of member I was here. For the rest of you, please grow up and get a life.!

LOL
I guess we are a serious bunch to deal with.

Sorry for misjudging you. I wish you good luck with your sale.

Yes look, i am not trying to say he is some sort of con artist or anything, I can just see down the road someone buying this car thinking of the MASSIVE aftermarket for 5.0's, not to mention having one in such a nice package as the Mark, and being greatly disappointed.
We've all been there, (not necessarily when buying a Mark or any car for that matter) but buying something with misleading advertisement and winding up hating it or spending good money on something that was not what we expected, regardless of wether or not the description was intentionally misleading. Especially if it's at a dealership, which form the pics, it looks like it is.
I guess it's just something that really grinds my gears personally.

Just to correct you all the Cobra has a Lincoln engine it is not the other way around, the Lincoln had the 4.6 first. :D

Back