help transmission

Kracker

Registered
help tranny issues ok 98 mark viii lsc
when i go from reverse to drive it takes it a few seconds to engage, it feels like it is low on fluid and tring to build up pressure. same thing if i do a semi hard stop at a stop light it goe into what feels like neutral and i have to give it gas to build pressure and it slips back into gear depending on the rpm it sometimes bucks into gear. also when coasting down the road at say 55 and i click the od off button it does not drop to 3 but if i give it a little gas it drops into 3rd like it should. the transmission shift firm and correctly any other time all my shifts are on the money transmission works perfect except for the engaging issue. i have two trannies i can pull parts from i was wondering if anyone had any idea's i am thinking the pump or maybe the filter is sucking air. the fluid is fine and was flushed 6k ago, i really don't think it is slipping at all my times at the track show no signs of any slipping.

Sure sounds like a pump issue. With that many miles it would not be surprising.

yeah that is what i have been thinking if it ever stops rainer i will pell the tranny out and replace the pump i still have the pump from my 94 and i have a complete 97 trans but i really don't want to swap my 98 for a 97 i would rather replace the pump thanks driller

Back