Hello from NWI

1BadBird

Hi all, wonderful site you have here :big-grin: Although I don't have a Lincoln, I do have the heart of one that is being installed into my 86 T-Bird.

No that's the original 93' intake that I want to replace with a 97 style. I picked up the engine, trans, complete wiring harness w/ computers and a few other items :D I have a pic of the engine painted. I'll try to get that posted up.

No that's the original 93' intake that I want to replace with a 97 style. I picked up the engine, trans, complete wiring harness w/ computers and a few other items :D I have a pic of the engine painted. I'll try to get that posted up.

Better yet, slap a 96 Cobra intake on there...the heads on both cars are the same, and you'll get more power from it. You'll just need to verify hood clearance first.

FYI, the 93 intake is better than the 97-98...you'll be downgrading.

Better yet, slap a 96 Cobra intake on there...the heads on both cars are the same, and you'll get more power from it. You'll just need to verify hood clearance first.
People usually want an arm and a leg, as well as your 1st born for an unmolested Cobra intake. As far as hood clearance goes, I'm not overly concerned about that issue should it arise.

Well partially because of where the throttle body is located. I can do some fab work but making a metal air tube that goes to the T/B is out of my equipment league. I plan on doing a TT setup in the future and I seriously doubt that the plastic air tube would hold.

Last edited:
People usually want an arm and a leg, as well as your 1st born for an unmolested Cobra intake. As far as hood clearance goes, I'm not overly concerned about that issue should it arise.

Well partially because of where the throttle body is located. I can do some fab work but making a metal air tube that goes to the T/B is out of my equipment league. I plan on doing a TT setup in the future and I seriously doubt that the plastic air tube would hold.

At least one guy has done a TT setup on here using a plastic tube...I think. Maybe others will talk about it.

Back