just ranting

Sapperfire

Registered
well i went and bought some spring spacers to give it a 2 inch lift since mine basically sits on the ground, after standing in the shop for an hour watching the guy put them on, i went over to inspect the progress only to realize that he was doing it totally wrong.. ( this is why i do things myself), WE started taking them back off of the springs, i was on the passenger side and he went over to the driver side to remove those... i got mine off and went over to see what was taking him so long...what i didnt hear was when he was prying the spring apart with a huge ass pry bar, he popped the spring out of its upper socket>>OMG that was SO fun trying to put back in without a spring suppressor tool kit.. so 2 hours and 45 minutes later i roll out of the shop..sitting the exact same as i was going in..and the shop manager was actually going to try and charge me.. for doing nothing but breaking my car
now i get to weld the little ear back on the socket tomorrow, and yes if there are any welders reading this, i know i have to bevel both pieces at a 45degree angle for structural integrity... im just about ready to sell it for parts
and if your wonder how he put them on wrong, mine are the univeral type that either lower lox or highten lox the spring, depending on how you place the nuts and flip the spring spacer plate

Last edited:
and the contraversy continues... how much are air struts costing and a website to purchase from?

As they have been converted already, you will have to determine how much of the original system is left in your car before you go buying the new air struts. Do you still have all the air tubing and compressor?

if youre reffering to the air tubing thats white, its all gone, the compressor i dont know, my best friend did it for my dad when it was my dads car, and i cant ask him because he was killed in a motor cycle accident -RIP Jason-
at the moment my dad says he got this kit from americanairsusspension.com , its mc.pherson struts, monroe shocks in the rear and coil springs in the rear
- i really shouldnt drink and type either-
i did count the coils in the rear springs, there are 6 wraps, i saw some on another lincoln mark 8, and they were 9 wraps, i think im gonna get those outta the salvage yard this weekend and see if that raises the back much..then i need taller struts
if i spent half the time working on my car as i did posting to this forum, itd probably all be fixed by now
-Driller do not reply- i dont wanna hear it

Last edited:
Back