6 speed

Almost all the fasted vehicles are autos or manual shifted autos. That's why there's such a big move with the 03 - 04 Cobra crowd to go with built autos. Seeing it more and more with the newer 05 plus Mustangs now too. Not talking full on drag cars.

Both have their place though. When I was auto crossing a lot I prefered a manual and they are fun on a street car and playing around.

Almost all the fasted vehicles are autos or manual shifted autos. That's why there's such a big move with the 03 - 04 Cobra crowd to go with built autos. Seeing it more and more with the newer 05 plus Mustangs now too. Not talking full on drag cars.

Both have their place though. When I was auto crossing a lot I prefered a manual and they are fun on a street car and playing around.

Tell them again how that 700 hp Mustang shaved over 1/2 sec in the 1/4 by switching to the same carbon fiber TC that I have.

I always like hearing that story...

You guys do realize we have drifted extremely off-topic, yes? ;)

Not really.

A lot of people's reasoning for going through all of the trouble to put a manual in a Mark is to make it accelerate faster. We are just saying that with today's advanced materials and technology, these folks should think about investing in a slick auto tranny from Lonnie.

At least that's what I assumed to be the poster's motivation for installing a manual...

I'd rather do it simply because I prefer a manual, especially in a "sports coupe." As does the OP. It's just more fun in my mind. :D

I'd rather do it simply because I prefer a manual, especially in a "sports coupe." As does the OP. It's just more fun in my mind. :D

Then I applaud the project. My wife wonders why I drive a $4,000 car when I can easily afford $40,000 (like her H2). Because I LIKE it...no other reason.

That reminds me. Our gardner (Mexican, poor english, likely illegal), has asked me twice if my Mark was for sale. Obviously not, but it does put a smile on my face. Tells me that I've stayed true to my OG Mexican taste.

I know John,

Been busy with work and getting this damned Eaton/B-head manifold off the ground.

I would like to get something together for ALL the VIII crowd sometime this comming fall. We have Boscobel in mid July, but I would like something where everyone could get together.

We will talk. :D

Mike

I know John,

Been busy with work and getting this damned Eaton/B-head manifold off the ground.

I would like to get something together for ALL the VIII crowd sometime this comming fall. We have Boscobel in mid July, but I would like something where everyone could get together.

We will talk. :D

Mike
(At least we're keeping this thread to the top of the forum, right? :D )

Mike, whereabouts are you from?

Originally from Central Illinois.

Now live in Colorado Springs, with my Wife. Been thinking about making a trip down to Phoenix to meet some old friends and a few other VIII friends. We should get something together.

Mike

Sweet. I hate to keep this drifting off-topic (where'd the OP go??), but supposedly there is talk of starting a Vegas meet. I don't think there are ANY LOD members from Phoenix, or the southwest in general outside of Cali and maybe Vegas, for that matter. If that happens, keep me posted; I live in Prescott, a ways north of Phoenix, and would love to check out your ride and pick your brain. :)

Getting back on topic I suppose.

If you are going to do this swap, use NOTHING less than a T-3650. The T-45 is effin' worthless. You are going to need to get creative for the clutch pedal as the super coupes are getting harder and harder to find.

I am using a 7/8" bore Willwood master and a McLeod Hydraulic throwout bearing, on a stock GT iron flywheel, and clutch. Using this combo I only have about 3.5 inches of complete pedal travel, and is reasonably stiff.

I bought a Denny's Driveshaft while MMX was still availible, and had it cut 1 inch shorter to fit.

The wiring harness shown on the OLD cardomain page is LONG gone. I built a completely new one with no plugs, Just silver solder and quality heatshrink. If you don't want to mess with that, I'll do it for you for 100 bucks.

That should cover it for now. let me know if you have other questions.

Mike

Mike, how would you compare the T56 to the 3650, knowing that the shifter needs to be extended in the T56?

Mike, how would you compare the T56 to the 3650, knowing that the shifter needs to be extended in the T56?

It is obviously a better tranny, and I would go with one any day. We have a system now to extend the shifter linkage with no welding involved, so that is a moot point.

It is obviously a better tranny, and I would go with one any day. We have a system now to extend the shifter linkage with no welding involved, so that is a moot point.

So does that now make it more of a project that could theoretically be done in a grease monkey's garage who is intelligent enough and well-enough inclined? :D

Back