Two frozen air susp. dryers

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
In 2 days.

I thought I'd post this in case anyone had the same trouble.

I've had this before, so I recognized the symptoms. It happened (black car) when we got a lot of rain, then temps in the teens for about a week. The compressor runs, but the car won't lift and the compressor times out. I turned the switch in the trunk off and drove home, it was just a little lower than normal.

I drove the green Mark to work the next day (no salt yet) and it froze the same way.:eek: Luckily, we have a garage at work. I parked it in there, it thawed out, I pumped it up, and I drove home with the switch off.

I swapped the dryer from the black car with a brand new one from the Town Car compressor that I put in my green car a couple of years ago (one of these days I'll put a Mark compressor back in there :)). The only difference in the drier is the cap. The Town Car has one airline hole, the Mark has four.

While I was working on the compressor, I pulled the spider valve out of my red car, and put it into the black car. I was going to do this anyway, so this was a good time for it.

I dumped all the saturated dessicant beads from the black dryer onto a paper plate, and they are drying next to the heat register in my living room. I can hear them drying, they are expanding or contracting and falling off the top of the pile onto the plate.:)

I'm in no hurry drying this dryer out, I won't be driving the green one soon, as the weather is predicting salt this week. When it's dry, I'll put it in the green car, then dry that one out as a spare.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.296 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

I wonder if you could microwave them?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.296 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

I wonder if you could microwave them?

Yes it works, I just tried in with about a tablespoon of the saturated beads on a paper plate. I wouldn't recommend it though, it's hard to tell when they are dry in the microwave, and you can wreck the microwave oven if there is nothing to cook in it.:)

The best way to dry them is spread them out on a peice of foil and put them in the regular oven at about 250 degrees for a while.

Back