Ford fixed the mustang!

There is a SHO out here that is into the 12's already with just a tune, so I would expect nothing less from the Mustang.

There is a SHO out here that is into the 12's already with just a tune, so I would expect nothing less from the Mustang.

No way.... 12s from a 14 second car? besides remember it has twin turbos... a "tune" could add 100hp. But they need at least 200 to make it a 12 second car. Just saw in person yesterday GIANT car.

I heard on the radio that the V6 Mustang gets 30 mpg on the expressway. I get that with my 94 Marks all the time.:)

Too bad they have to use a 6 cylinder to do it now.

Sure, the Mark doesn't have that much HP, but it sounds better to me, and I like driving it more than a Mustang.:D

oook. But the mark is rated at 15/24 using the "new" ratings... it cost 40k new vs low 20s for the mustang, and has less hp and weighs 350-400lbs more.

It couldn't be more of an apples to oranges comparison.

BTW new camaros are pretty much sold out, only car selling for GM. They won't let random ppl drive the thing.

A subaru stealership wouldn't let me test drive an STI.

Dealerships get quite stingy when it comes to popular cars. I am sure you'd have no issue driving a Malibu or Suburban ;)

oook. But the mark is rated at 15/24 using the "new" ratings...

New ratings or not, my Mark just averaged ~30mpg from LA to Vegas and back...used ten gallons of gas to go 300 miles...going through two mountain passes.

No way.... 12s from a 14 second car? besides remember it has twin turbos... a "tune" could add 100hp. But they need at least 200 to make it a 12 second car. Just saw in person yesterday GIANT car.

Max it was all over CFOT last month, old news, lol

Ummm, you missed the '03-'04 Cobra's.

Cobra_interior1_500.jpg

No thanks... that's is one fugly interior.

IMO, the GTO has still got a wayyy better interior than any Mustang from the past decade or two up until just recently. At least it doesn't look like "Killroy was here"!! ;)

IMO, the GTO has still got a wayyy better interior than any Mustang from the past decade or two up until just recently. At least it doesn't look like "Killroy was here"!! ;)

I concur; the GTO has one of the nicer GM interiors I have seen. Now the exterior is what turned me off of getting one.

IMG_0913.jpg

I sometimes daydream of doing a Vauxhall or Holden fron clip conversion, a little like the Silvia conversion tuners like to do to their 240SXs. :)

It all sounds good!
But in my opinion a mustang is too comun!!
That's why I love my Mark and SHO because you don't see one in EVERY courner like you see a mustang no matter what year it is.

While I completely agree on the too common part... the SHO is a Taurus just like GT500 is a mustang so both are very common.

The advantage of common cars is cheap parts...
The 1998 Mark VIII I had had some really hard to get 1 off parts.

And when you have something that is common you can customize to your liking easily.

My bud has a '08 Steeda Mustang. The interior is nothing to brag about, not at all better than the older Stangs. In fact, it feels very cheap with hard plastics everywhere. Looks are subjective but it don't really look that good inside. :wink:

My bud has a '08 Steeda Mustang. The interior is nothing to brag about, not at all better than the older Stangs. In fact, it feels very cheap with hard plastics everywhere. Looks are subjective but it don't really look that good inside. :wink:

You do realize that the 09 got a very different interior?
gt-interior.jpg

2010_ford_mustang_interior.jpg

Back