Ford fixed the mustang!

maxmk8

Registered
2011 Mustang is finally a car to be reckoned with (minus the live axle)

The V6 gets
306 hp/280tq 3.7V6
6 speed auto/6 speed manual rated at 20/30 or 19/29
Electric Power steering
Better suspension components from the GT500
Mustang GT Brakes (12.5")
Dual Exhaust across the line

New engine is 40lbs lighter and has 90+ hp.

Mustang will be a somewhat non portly 3400lbs in V6 trim.

V8 specs to be released soon...
But rumor mill has it at 400+hp 6 speed manual/auto

If the V6 already nearly matches the current V8 i can't wait for the upgrades to the GT!

I said that if ford gives it IRS 400+hp and 6 speeds i'd buy a new mustang... oh boy... looks like I may have blue blood running through my veins in the near future again.

What are you talking about? it is like 200lbs lighter than camaro (v6) and has more power, better interior, and probably better reliability.

Spring is going to see several new upgrades in engines. even with 5.0 liter DOHC V8 with twin variable cam timing, and 5.4 L 600HP for the GT Mustang

what you guys think this new V6 Mustang will run quarter mile.
306 hp and 6 speed auto or manual and only weights 3400 lbs.
Maybe some high 13's ?

what you guys think this new V6 Mustang will run quarter mile.
306 hp and 6 speed auto or manual and only weights 3400 lbs.
Maybe some high 13's ?

Sounds about right... the old one ran it in high 14s... +100hp... should get it into low 14s or high 13s for sure at least with the performance pack.

The regular one uses 2.73 gears so it will be a 14second car.

have you even driven a new camaro? They are the biggest pieces of crap on the road. Talk about cutting corners to save costs, holy cow!
Of course they'll cut corners, man. That's nothing new. The interior for the F-bodies was nothing close to fancy either. You should know all about cutting corners to save cost owning a Neon. ;) :D

I heard on the radio that the V6 Mustang gets 30 mpg on the expressway. I get that with my 94 Marks all the time.:)

Too bad they have to use a 6 cylinder to do it now.

Sure, the Mark doesn't have that much HP, but it sounds better to me, and I like driving it more than a Mustang.:D

I heard on the radio that the V6 Mustang gets 30 mpg on the expressway. I get that with my 94 Marks all the time.:)

Too bad they have to use a 6 cylinder to do it now.

Sure, the Mark doesn't have that much HP, but it sounds better to me, and I like driving it more than a Mustang.:D
I'm sure we (by "we" I mean "you guys" ;) ) have not only a fatter torque curve, but still much better tuning potential. :)

have you even driven a new camaro? They are the biggest pieces of crap on the road. Talk about cutting corners to save costs, holy cow!

Chevy dealership will not let me test drive one.
In the back of my head I am thinking about getting one.

Back