Replacing rear shocks with?

new body mounts were mentioned, both of mine are busted and the rear shocks just bounce around inside, makes a horrible rumbbling noise, ive dampened it dramatically by getting a shock bushing kit for $5 and just smashing 2 new bushing in the gap, then wrenching them down with the crown nut as much as i could ( yeah i "obamafied" them) could someone post a link to where i could purchase NEW rear shock body mounts, ive already done they aig bag/spring conversion, however its set at the highway heighth, and driving in town gets a bit iffy depending on the road im on, if there are passengers in the back, im deffinatly hittin bottom

I found my rear mounts on Ebay then bought Monroe sensatracs for a 97 T-Bird V8. I would probably go better if i did it again, but it rides decent and no noise. At the time I was looking at doing front ball joints uppers and lower left and right as well as tie rods, so you can see why I was $ conscious. The other way is to buy them from Arnot Suspension Products. They are selling shocks and mounts for the Mark VIII for 129.00. I just searched "mark viii rear shock" and it came right up. Good Luck!!

Keith

yeah im a bit $ conscious too, i replaced both front LCAs and both Inner and Outter tie rod ends, so i have to replace all the sway linkage and bushings and the rear UCA bushings, and i have to find a nice salvage cross member since mine was driven into a man-hole cover at 50mph
good thing i can do all the labor myself

Just to update..... I went with the Cobra Bilstein shocks. Ride is stiffer but that's in comparison to the worn out factory shocks. I'm pleased with it so far and after I figured out how to get the factory bushings off the bilsteins, it was an easy drop in. I used shock mounts from American Air. Very pleased!

I only took a couple picks, but here they are:
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_3623a.jpg
    IMG_3623a.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3624b.jpg
    IMG_3624b.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3626a.jpg
    IMG_3626a.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0