18 year catch up starts

soclose

Registered
I just love this car, so far. Once again it let me know it wanted attention before something went wrong. Had a small water leak on right side front floorboard (it's been raining rivers here for a week and a half). After trying to diagnose it myself in between showers, I noticed 2 of the plastic (screws) push pins were missing on the right side of the cowl. Had them 'replaced' and a little silicone on the cowl and no more leak. But before getting it fixed, developed a little squeal on start up. Seems the belt tensioner needed to be replaced as the belt was starting to track inward. Had the belt replaced at the same time as it was the original. It didn't look all that bad but I figured that 18 years was long enough for anything that crucial. I also had the transmission fluid drained/refilled. It only has 71k on it but I want it to last a long time and be able to do a 'Lincoln Highway' tour sometime with no problems. Have plans to have brake and ps fluids done before too long. At this rate, someone's going to have a 'new' car when I don't drive anymore (ie, dead).

Back