Well, I'm back!

toyz

Registered
After losing a multitude of cars to Ike, Texas's (occasional) version of Venice struck my remaining Mark in April. I have dried the car out and am actively preparing to build a forced-induction-capable replacement drivetrain to replace the hydraulic'ed engine.
My long-suffering and usually patient wife understands that at least one of my SVO's is going to take priority over the Gen II. She rejected my suggestions for a newer replacement and is slumming in the XKR we (I) bought in a weak moment. She has developed an appreciation for the power of the supercharged Jag, but still prefers the versatility of the Mark VIII's.
So, I had been somewhat looking for a replacement 32 valve to install temporarily. With no luck so far, I ran up on this- http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1490355829.html . I bought it on sight and am preparing to address the flaws of a well-maintained fourteen year old car.
Those familiar with my normal choice of colors will agree that it looks out of place in my drive, but it is a real nice example of what I consider the pinnacle year of the Gen I.
Nuff said, but I will be checking in. It's time to call Eddie for compressor improvements, and go show the car off to XLR8!
Paul
The Black cars ( and now a couple of white ones! )

it was good talking to you Paul!
thanks for stopping by...tiff said it was great to see you again.

keep me posted and I'll do the same sir.

Headlight

Headlight

I haven't checked it out yet with the monsoons; instead I used the rain as an excuse to take the truck to visit Chuck- 303 hp/315 torque; not too shabby for absolutely nothing except the cat-back!
Tuner's (maybe tuners) on the way, so let the games begin.
Connie got spoiled by the "substitute car", so a Magnacharger may be in the Gen II's future.
Anyone know what's needed for hood clearance on a Gen II?
Paul - The (mostly) Black Cars

Back