Crankshaft Position Sensor

bhans40

Registered
Purchased my 98 in 2013 with no history of the maintenance performed. Wanting to be proactive I started to change different components I felt were due because of mileage and age and did very well changing them......Then I decided to change the crank position sensor......printed the "how to" and after reading up on it,felt this would be a piece of cake,no problem,be done in an hour! Turned out to be a BIG mistake. I bought the sensor,had a Bud come over and watch how a REAL car guy changes this out. Crawled under the car,checked out where everything was located....studied,trying to figure out how in the WORLD I'm supposed to put a 3/8 ratchet with 3" extension in the space available. So I figured maybe a 10mm box end would work.....It would BUT it would take maybe a half a day getting the bolts out......then after installing the sensor how in the world would I be able to line up the compressor bolts for installation......especially THE TOP one?. I'd be working on this for days!......between my Bud and I we came up with the solution and by golly this is going to work to perfection......on Monday the 20th of June......a mobile mechanic is showing up here to do the job for $114.00 and get this.....in 1 hr.....he must know something I don't....... Don't want anyone to tell me "Man, this is easy" My name is Bruce Hansen......Senior Citizen....and I don't suffer fools:D

Back