97 HID replacement bulb or retrofit kit.

FIXXED!!!

Before:

192243.jpg

192312.jpg

AFTER!:

171855.jpg

171907.jpg

Bought a cheap 9005 kit and made a retro-fit kit. :D

9005 kit? what Kelvin are those? 6000? im still looking for an HID kit for the 93
ive polished and resealed the lens already, but i didnt do the reflectors as im unsure if i should find some high temp silver spray or will the regular work, i have to get my right blinker replaced it has water in it now

Yeahit's 6,000k. It's a LITTLE too blue for me, I woulda went 4,000k or even 5,000k but it's very similar to the OEM color. If I was you, I would find a set of the 96 LSC lights (the lense is clear) and buy a kit from ebay. I LOVE my lights, and they are like 2x as bright as the OEM hids! Check it out:

223010.jpg

9005 kit? what Kelvin are those? 6000? im still looking for an HID kit for the 93
ive polished and resealed the lens already, but i didnt do the reflectors as im unsure if i should find some high temp silver spray or will the regular work, i have to get my right blinker replaced it has water in it now

Typically you can specify color temperature when you make your purchase.

And regular silver spray will work as long as you keep halogens out of them.

i dont think that would look right unless you changed the whole front end
i dont really like that style, looks like my sisters Taurus SHO

Last edited:

THe 96 is a Gen1, just like the 93, 94, and 95. The OEM HID housings are exactly the same size as the halogen housings, and in fact some 96's were "LSC" (HID lamps) and some were non-LSC (halogen lamps). Some 95's also had HID, but they are rare.

What are we talking about? The headlamp housings? The headlamp housings on the '93 through '96 are interchangeable. The HIDs were exclusive to the '96 LSC's and some '95 LSC's.

The '97-'98 housings are completely different. BUT they use the same bulbs as the earlier HIDs.

spray painting the inside of the housings is a complete waste of time, if you go through the trouble of cutting off the lenses why not do it right, spray paint is a joke, ive done all of it, trust me. rechroming them is the only way to go. thats why everyone sends me their headlights now, in the past 6 months i have restored at least 25 pairs of halogen housings, and everyone has told me its awesome to have them redone, everyone i have done has totally loved them. dont waste your time with paint. no paint out there is as reflective as chrome. why use a candle when you can have a spot light?

Last edited:
Back