F/S- 93 Mark VIII , 61k Miles , Vortech Supercharged, 400 HP

mudvayne387

Registered
Brief History

Let me start off by saying that I struggled to list this car for sale. I always say I want to go back to a C5 Vette, but then I take the Mark out and drive it. What ensues is pure adrenaline. There is nothing quite like pulling up to a red light in a "grocery getter" and squealing the tires from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. The looks on the peoples faces is priceless. Of coarse you will get a few of the old timers saying "what did you do that for" but I just smile. Having driven Vettes for the past year, I can say with all honesty that this car is just as much fun to drive around town. I know I will probably regret selling it (2nd Mark8) but I just hope someone else enjoys the car as much as I did.

I bought the car from a friend who did 90% of the work himself. Another reason I hate to sell is the fact that he put so much time and effort into getting this car where it is today.He really searched around to find a clean low mileage Mark Viii. He is an extremely intelligent and experienced mechanic who has a had a list of sport and muscle cars that would blow your mind !I bought the car from him knowing that it needed a Dyno Tune. After going crazy trying to find someone to Dyno it, I finally stumbled upon a shop in Batavia NY. They had a long history of working on Ford products and had the right equipment to make the car run strong. While the car was in Batavia, they installed and SCT chip. Now that you have a brief history of the car, lets get to the goods !

Modifications

Lincoln Mark VIII
61,000 Original Miles
Champagne/Tan
Auto
4.6L DOHC (Cobra Mustang)
PW/PL

Vortech Supercharger (7 PSI)
4:10 Gears
3800 Torque Converter
SCT Chip
Cherry Bombs
225/Fuel Pump
39lb Cobra Injectors
Coil Conversion Kit
Cooper All Seasons (1000 Miles)

As you can see it has a nice list of modifications. I had them tune it at 7 PSI , but there is plenty of room to go (safely). I would recommend the new owner looking into putting true duals on the car. Sometimes it runs a bit rich and kicks on the check engine light. If I have the car come spring time, it will be the first thing I do. Right now the car is perfect for the street. On the dyno it put down 400 Horse Power (Roughly 335 RWP). As it sits right now, the all seasons really can't handle all of the throttle, so you will spin a bit off the line but personally I like that =). I have not had a chance to bring it to the track, but I would be very anxious to see what it does.

Condition

The exterior is in nice shape for the year. It has some minor rubs marks below the doors, and a few minor scratches here and there. The rear window gasket is a bit crinkled , and the chrome trim is peeling. The headlight covers are faded and should be either replaced or re-furbished in the future. For right now they are serviceable, but I wouldn't want them to get any worse. For safe measures I replaced the bulbs with a HID for better vision. The interior also shows very well. The leather has some very minor wear, but overall its in very nice original condition.

I realize this car is not for everybody, and the combinations of color and aftermarket parts might scare some off. But, if you are looking for the Ultimate Sleeper Car and you really appreciate being different then I guarantee you would enjoy this car.

Contact

You can reach me at 315-794-0011 (Gary)

or

mudvayne387@yahoo.com

Price

$8500 or Best Offer

PS- I will get some more pictures ASAP. We had a snow storm in NY, and i cherish that the underside of this car is salt free !

Thanks Gary

(Excuse the date on the photos, they were taken in November 09)
DSCI0807.jpg

DSCI0806.jpg

Back