Home Events Forums Lincoln Technology Rides Merchandise

Car of the Month

Thread: New System For My 98 LSC

Thanks

Default New System For My 98 LSC

A good friend of mine turned me onto CT Sounds audio gear when he came to my shop for an installation. I was really impressed with the quality and sound coming from his E320 when I was finished. The cost of the components wasn't near what I was expecting so over the last few months I've been buying the pieces to make my 98 LSC really jam.
    CT Sounds Pro Audio 6.5" component speakers are going inside, they're rated @85W rms 340W max and for $90 a pair I couldn't be happier with the quality. (regular $140) I preordered and saved a few $
    Pushing the 6.5s is a CT Sounds AT-125.4D amp that I'll run @4ohm 125Wrms. (Same setup kicked ass in the Benz)

For the subs I have 2 CT Hydro series 10" woofers I'll run @2ohm and the amplifier on those is a CT 900.1D. @2ohm 450Wrms 900W max. The Benz is using the same amp on 2 Hydro 12s and it gives them all they want so it'll be more than enough for my 10s. IMO 10s sound better than 12s for what I listen to so I can't wait to get going on this.
    I'm a lifelong mechanic by trade, not a professional audio guy, but I try to plan a system out and make it look like a pro did the install the best I can.
    Not sure how to post pics here yet but I will update with pics as I go along.

Thanks

I'll get a picture posted sooner or later... Lol
    Last edited by 4VLife; 05-05-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 982 Posts

Sounds like an interesting project. I can't say I've heard of CT Sounds, but I've been out of that world for a while now. It doesn't stop me from dreaming, though. I will look forward to seeing / hearing the results of your project. It sounds like you're putting quite a bit of thought into it!
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tixer View Post
    Sounds like an interesting project. I can't say I've heard of CT Sounds, but I've been out of that world for a while now. It doesn't stop me from dreaming, though. I will look forward to seeing / hearing the results of your project. It sounds like you're putting quite a bit of thought into it!
    I like what you have in that blue car, what do you think of this?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P7G82TS

Thanks

When I bought mine, I was actually going back and forth between the "pumpkin" and "joying" units, and ended up with the Joying. It's not bad, but has its share of quirks. The biggest drawbacks on the one I have were the 1Gb of RAM, which isn't really enough, and the fact that the LCD, even at its dimmest, is pretty bright at night.

There is a newer version though, so I would consider it, as it seems to have addressed those concerns.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTQUKK1/

I think I'd go with this new Joying one over the pumpkin, if only because it does have more memory. 2Gb / 32Gb, vs 1Gb / 16Gb

Just don't forget that both of these units can be pretty heavily "Internet dependent" for things like navigation, so you'll want to know that you either have a cell phone with hotspot, or some sort of stand-alone hotspot/USB modem to use with it.

And don't forget that in the end, these are "cheap Chinese stereos." They pack a heck of a lot of value for the price, but they won't be without their bugs.
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tixer For This Useful Post:

Ford nut (05-06-2017),SCTBIRD1173 (05-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tixer View Post

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTQUKK1/

I think I'd go with this new Joying one over the pumpkin, if only because it does have more memory. 2Gb / 32Gb, vs 1Gb / 16Gb
    More is good! thanks Mike, I would love to run this app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ford nut View Post
    More is good! thanks Mike, I would love to run this app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en
    I have this on my iPhone, works great and I can create my own gauges for whatever I need. All I had to do was buy the Ford module for the Mark. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...321293183?mt=8
    Leo
    1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
    1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
    New York AutoFest show schedule

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ford nut View Post
    The Joying I bought actually came with Torque pre-loaded. I presume the newer one would also. The deck actually has two BlueTooth recievers specifically so you can read engine data from an OBD reader, and stream music from your phone, at the same time
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4VLife View Post
    A good friend of mine turned me onto CT Sounds audio gear when he came to my shop for an installation. I was really impressed with the quality and sound coming from his E320 when I was finished. The cost of the components wasn't near what I was expecting so over the last few months I've been buying the pieces to make my 98 LSC really jam.
    CT Sounds Pro Audio 6.5" component speakers are going inside, they're rated @85W rms 340W max and for $90 a pair I couldn't be happier with the quality. (regular $140) I preordered and saved a few $
    Pushing the 6.5s is a CT Sounds AT-125.4D amp that I'll run @4ohm 125Wrms. (Same setup kicked ass in the Benz)

For the subs I have 2 CT Hydro series 10" woofers I'll run @2ohm and the amplifier on those is a CT 900.1D. @2ohm 450Wrms 900W max. The Benz is using the same amp on 2 Hydro 12s and it gives them all they want so it'll be more than enough for my 10s. IMO 10s sound better than 12s for what I listen to so I can't wait to get going on this.
    I'm a lifelong mechanic by trade, not a professional audio guy, but I try to plan a system out and make it look like a pro did the install the best I can.
    Not sure how to post pics here yet but I will update with pics as I go along.
    Dude that's an insane setup must really pump!