I take my car in for an alignment, they break my door handle & mirror.

TimKustom

Registered
Took it to the local Lincoln Dealership for an alignment after I installed front UCAs & LCAs. Figured that would be the safest place to have that done.

I pick it up and the outside door handle is busted. They fix that but while doing that they break the inner door handle cup. They've "ordered" the part. Hopefully they can find one.

Pulling out, I notice my driver's side mirror is dark. Only a small light space up top. (assuming this is the top of the photochromic fluid). I'm guessing they didn't get a wire on right or bumped something when they had to remove (manhandle) the door panel.

They say they are gonna fix it, but gave me the "well it's an old car" bit. I gave them them the "it's an immaculately maintained vehicle with only 65k miles that's kept in a temperature controlled garage that I've owned nearly 10 years and oh, did I mention I have a new MKT?" bit.

I really don't want to take it apart to figure out what they messed up, is it possible a wire is loose causing the mirror to be dark?

Back