FS: 1998 Mark VIII LSC

oldgeek

Registered
lincoln1 1.jpg

I have a 1998 Mark VIII LSC with 120,000 miles on her. Torador Red with Prairie Tan interior and many spare parts in shed for $1500

The Good:
Just did the eibach conversion on it last year. Regular maintenance. Engine runs strong with no oil usage or smoke.

OctaStar Wheels - these are very hard to get and have all 4 center covers. I paid nearly $100 for just a center cover that was lost after dealer put new tires on.

Fairly new Tiger Paw Touring tires -- installed last year ($600)

In my shed I have lots of parts. I have almost new Lincoln Halogen factory conversion . I also have 3 or 4 spare HID bulbs left. Another spare I have that is extremely hard to get is I have several spare wheel speed sensors. Have some power seat motors, taillights, fan motor, and other parts that I cannot remember. Treasure chest of spare parts - been collecting for years.

Also have the full set of factory tech service manuals -- paid over $200 on eBay.

The Bad:
Transmission stopped shifting automatically a few weeks ago. I can drive it and manually shift through all the gears. Stopped shifting from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 about 4 weeks ago. Been driving and it shifts manually. Ran it on interstate for 160 mile trip and after running 70mph, it started shifting normally again. Next morning, had to shift manually. Funny thing is the transmission worked perfectly until I had a dealer service and flush at 75,000 miles. After that it always shifted later and softer than it used to.

Blend door problem once again. I have one or two spares but I am not going through changing it again.

Telescopic steering stopped working only goes up and down. Got two spares in shed just haven't replaced.

Someone cracked my windshield last month - think it was kids playing ball outside. Had scheduled to replace ($220) but then the transmission shifting problem started.

Time to Move On:

I love this car but the transmission shops said it would be over $200 for diagnosis and both suggested a rebuild - well over $2000. I am still driving it but looking to replace in the next several weeks. Located near Richmond, Va. Been a great car but getting expensive to maintain and I am getting too old to work on it.

Want to sell everything including car and all the parts for $1500. Engine and parts is worth that and if you can fix the transmission, I am sure you will have a good running car for a long time. You can drive it home, will just have to manually shift.

Back