Need help with air ride..... PLEASE!

ussnewco

Registered
First I apologize if the answer is in here already but I can’t find it if it is.
I have a hard fault error message “check air ride” immediately after start up my compressor will not start and my bags will not vent. The front is at proper height the back was fully extended until I manually vented them, a big mistake, at least I could still drive it with the back end up in the air but now it’s slammed to the ground(in the back). If there’s a way to hotwire the compressor I’d be interested in that
I’m a diehard fan of air ride so spring conversion is not an option for me, plus I’ve replaced every part in the air ride system. I get the check air ride message immediately upon start up and my symptoms have not changed since before I replaced the compressor/dryer/relay unit and suspension control unit. I’ve followed the self-test instructions for the test light and I have cannot get the self-test to start. The steps I followed “If you hold the connector with the open end of the plug facing you, the top row of terminals (from left to right) are pins 1, 2, 3, 4.
The bottom row are 5 and 6. The wire color for pin 2 is W/LB. Turn the key on, close the door, connect the test light from pin 2 to battery ground, and let the fun (test) begin!” I have power to pin 2 and I’ve checked and swapped the fuses/relays. Could it be the relay on the new compressor? Since the symptoms have not changed I doubt it. I had a friend replace the compressor, I’m getting a little old and a lot fat to be writhing around ground in the heat, my friend is a mechanic and took the car to the shop to work on it and he is more than competent and I’m sure he would have noticed an obvious problem i.e. broken wires. I’m lost and need my car working please help

To help others here is the order of testing:

LF solenoid clicked open/close
RF solenoid clicked open/close
Rear solenoids clicked open/close
Compressor vent valve clicked
Compressor ran for a few seconds then shut off

Then the system did a height sensor test:
Compressor turned on, front valves clicked, and the front of car rose, valves clicked then the same thing(s) happened for the rear and the rear rose
Compressor turned off AND; vent valve clicked
Front solenoids clicked & front lowered
Rear solenoids clicked & rear lowered
There was a little clicking after that, but nothing noticeable happened (maybe vent valve).

Back