Electric cooling fan

korgplaya

Registered
The fan went out on my 98 Mark VIII. I snooped around the internets and found a part number for a Siemens replacement with the part # "PM9032". I went to AutoZone as directed by the info, and they were able to order it for me. It appears to be identical to the factory original. It has been running great since I installed it on Saturday. Until yesterday. I had to do quite a bit of stop and go driving in the big city yesterday, and the temp started creeping up slowly. It didn't overheat, but it was well above where it usually runs.

Does anyone know if this is the correct part number, because I know the Mark 8 fan is a one off that pulls more volume than it's t-bird/cougar counterpart which is also very similar in appearance. I can exchange the fan if it is not the right part number. Any help would be appreciated. I drove it 17 miles to work and back today, and it ran normal. It only did it one time, but I don't want to keep the wrong part on there if it is indeed wrong. Thanks for any help.

Back