Various Curiosities

iroccopz28

Registered
Hi folks, I know I have a few different questions posted in a few different places but I am trying to make sure I get them posted in the proper places. I am hoping that eventually I will know enough about this car to be able to help others, but for now I hope you all don't mind all the questions from me, I do however really appreciate all the help I have been getting.

So my new questions for today:

1. The mirror on my 93 Mark VIII has what looks like a Black liquid about a quarter inch or less along the bottom of it. I say liquid because if I tilt the mirror to one side it seems to flow that direction after a little while. I am assuming that this means that the auto tint has something wrong with it. The mirror was out of the car when I got it and I just got it installed back in the car so I haven't drove it at night yet. Has anyone else seen this in theirs? If so, and I need to replace the mirror are there other cars and years that use the same mirror that I can find to replace it with?

2. All my other vehicles I have been able to find an owners manual to view online and sometimes a shop manual even. I plan to buy both for this car as soon as I can afford to but I was curious if anyone knew of a place I could view one online in the meantime. I like having paper copies better for when I'm outside working on things, but a digital version would be helpful for now if I could find one. I seem to be able to find them for the 98 but not so lucky finding them for the 93 online.

3. My headlights seem to be low also. They look to me to be at a level on high beam that would be about what I would expect on low beam and the low beam seem to point close to the ground in front of me. If I adjust the height, is there a factory setting that I can set it back to if I was to do this during the day time, or is this something that I am only going to be able to do at night time and basically guess where they should be leveled out at?

Thank you for any help...

Back