94 dead miss on 2 cylinders.

funeraldirector

Registered
Help before I get rid of it. I have a 94 Mark viii with about 93,000 miles on it. I had noticed a little miss or rough idle in the morning but it would clear out once I got down the road. I have no codes or check engine light coming on. I had gone on a highway trip for work about 30 miles and after that it was missing bad. Still no engine lights. I limped it to the local Lincoln restoration shop and they changed the plugs and wires with all new motorcraft items. Engine still had a miss, dead in 2 cylinders. They swapped coil packs, checked IAC sensor, fuel pressure, injectors, swapped computer,compression test. The car will not talk. They had it for a few days. The tech told me he rarely gets some in that they scratch their head on. I took it to the dealer. All they could tell me was the computer said change coil pack 2 and retest for $450.00. I packed it in and limped it home. Any ideas? I was told something called a break out box may help but the dealer doesn't even have that for testing, they are more interested in selling me a new car. Any ideas on this one?

Back